Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Where do you buy kids snow boots?

amother

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 11:17 am
Looking to buy good snow boots for my kids that keep toes dry and warm, yet can't afford the ones I'm finding online. I am ready to spend up to 40 I guess or maybe a little more on each.
Preferably online.
The ones on lands end seem pretty good but some reviews say negative things..

ra_mom

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 11:43 am
Target has some good kids snow boots.

spring13

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 12:08 pm
I've always done well with Lands End, they keep feet really dry.

supermom3

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 12:29 pm
Try Amazon http://amzn.to/1xuvKQv Lot's of choices and great prices. You're sure to find something there

amother

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 1:10 pm
Thank you all!

seeker

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 1:18 pm
I bought the Land's End snow flurry boots on sale so they were pretty cheap, but I don't like them. They are very stiff, not so easy for kid to get into, and the soles are thick and stiff so it's not so easy to walk in them either. Plus they run big, even though I used their own measuring tool to determine the size. Would not buy again.

kb

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 1:26 pm
How big do the lands end boots run? I bought the size 8 for my son who is currently wearing an 8.5. Should I assume they fit him or not (I can't tell)?

seeker

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 1:34 pm
Well it's hard to tell because they're so stiff! I just decided she's not wearing them THAT much, as long as she could walk in them we'd just keep the size we had until she reports toes hitting the end. But our size 8 seem to still fit her (bought them for LAST year!) even though she's at least a 9 in shoes now.

If your kid is 8.5 already then 8 should be OK. If they're loose, nu, they're only snow boots.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 2:07 pm
I don't know where you live but in Brooklyn I can get good boots at the frum stores for around thirty dollars.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 2:28 pm
I like the Land's End boots for adults but not for kids. I bought a pair on sale for dd last year and they had way too high a platform/way too heavy. They keep the snow out though.

granolamom

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 7:51 pm
I like the lands end snow boots for kids. I guess now that you mention it, they are stiff, but my kids have not complained. they only wear them to go out in the snow so its not like they are walking around all day in stiff boots.
I usually buy them on sale or on ebay. they hold up really well and I have one pair that went through five kids and is ready to be passed along. still looking good.

busybee98

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 8:41 pm
I actually bought in sears for 30 dollars. I think the lower end dept stores r a good bet jcpenney century 21.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 11:17 pm
Op here- thank you everyone!!
I ordered one of those from amazon that had tons of amazing reviews. (Kamik snobuster1)
Smile

Chayalle

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 9:29 am
6pm.com has some nice boots at decent prices.

Lady Godiva

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 9:33 am
Costco.

mommish613

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 10:16 am
Big Kamik fan here. I buy for the big boys and then they get passed down. After literally playing outside in the snow for hours my kids complain that their feet are too warm!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics