Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Tichel storage??

Miri7

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 1:01 am
How do you store your tichels? I have mine in a plastic Nordstrom Rack bag. A couple of really nice ones are folded in a drawer but I don't have room to keep them all in drawers. Baskets just pull the threads. How do you store yours? This is driving me nuts.

Heyaaa

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 1:57 am
Try a cloth basket.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 2:00 am
What about in either a shopping bag or a nice bag kept on a hnger in a closest?

Dev80

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 2:24 am
Interesting, I have a cheap plastic basket and haven't found them to get caught at all (but it is a smooth basket, I could see how that could happen with a basket with unfinished edges). I also do periodically go through and give away older ones or ones that never quite fit right so that helps cut down on the storage. I try not to have more than my basketfull of headcoverings at a time (altho it is is overflowing right now). I don't spend the time folding them since I need them in triangles not neatly folded squares when I'm getting dressed.

I have seen those cool scarf hangers but we don't have enough hanging space now for me to consider it. (google scarf hanger and you'll see what I mean)

Last edited by Dev80 on Thu, Nov 20 2014, 4:29 am; edited 1 time in total

nameless

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 3:31 am
I put mine in a plastic basket with a scarf that I don't wear anymore around the bottom and sides. Although, I guess a cloth basket would solve the problem altogether.

miri36

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 5:16 am
IKEA drawer dividers

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 9:00 am
I had a scarf hanger when I had more closet space than drawer space, but it didn't work well for me.

I now have more drawer space and have them rolled up in the drawer so I can see easily what each one is vs being folded.

I got a plastic set of drawers (sterilite) when my closet system wasn't working out in my old apartment, and I used that for more drawer space. Since there were 3 drawers, I was also able to organize by type (e.g. shabbos, weekday or seasonal or color or base vs patterned vs accessories -- whatever works for you)

queenert

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 10:25 am
You could try one of those over the door baseball cap holders. They sell them at bed bath and beyond.
I tried it but had waaaayy too many.
I'd you're talking scarves - not pretieds or net thingies - I'm putting up a curtain rod on my wall and color coding them on it.

mha3484

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 10:34 am
When I wore mitpachot I used an over the door shoe rack. The kind with pockets.

Now for snoods and pretieds I use a glass bowl on my dresser.

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 11:04 am
I have shelves in my closet to hold teichels, pre-tieds, snoods, hats, barets, teichel liners and white shabbos teichels and rain bonnets. I keep them all in piles according to shape.

chicco

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 11:45 am
http://m.target.com/p/joy-mang.....14483

It's a velvet hanger with four rows. I bought two and I have my tichels color coded on them (at least for the first week I did). Whatever order they are in, it is easy to see what I have and put it back when I am done.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 11:48 am
I read somewhere to hang shower curtain rings on a regular hanger. It's cheap and it works well.

Barbara

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 11:56 am
IDEAS

http://www.decoist.com/2014-02.....ions/

musicmom

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 11:57 am
A hanging sweater organizer! Then I have a cubby for different kinds- 1 for snoods, 1 for hats, etc. The tichels fold in squares so a lot fit in each cubby, and you can see them from a side angle all at once!

Miri7

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 12:51 pm
OP here. I knew you ladies would have some great solutions for tichel storage!! Thank you all for your responses. I'm going to assess today and figure out which will work best with my current closet/ storage situation. I have a couple days here when work is unexpectedly light and I've been on a cleaning/ organizing frenzy!!

Todah rabah!!

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 2:27 pm
http://www.storesupply.com/c-8......aspx

I have a larger version of this one, with lots of clips on it. It holds snoods, hats, scarves and pre-tieds perfectly. http://www.marvolus.com/stock-......html

No snags, easy to find what your'e looking for, and doesn't take up a lot of room on my dresser.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics