Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Lakewood and traffic

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 2:36 pm
seriously, is this true? I was under the impression its alot better then brooklyn. please tell me its better.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 2:40 pm
I always feel like it's awful. Until I get off the Verazzano Bridge. Then I remember what Brooklyn traffic is and am glad to come home to Lakewood.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 2:56 pm
ahhh that means theres traffic in lakewood too

sky

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 2:58 pm
I hate Lakewood traffic.
Whenever I complain about my job sitting at a desk all day I just remember what it is like driving around town between 1:45 - 2:30 (and other hours of the day). You can sit in pure gridlock between clifton, route 9 and the lower number streets. Lots of traffic on the main roads such as route 9, Central, Pine, Clifton, etc depending on the time of day. I hate it!

Residential side roads further from the center of town are much quieter and don't have the same traffic issues. Its just closer to town and the main roads that are congested.

It is better then brooklyn, and no matter how bad the parking is her, Brooklyn is always worse. At least no on really honks in traffic so it is more peaceful.

Last edited by sky on Thu, Nov 20 2014, 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

debsey

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 2:59 pm
amother wrote:
seriously, is this true? I was under the impression its alot better then brooklyn. please tell me its better.

Depends on the time of day and where you are trying to go...
8-9:30 AM any road leading to any school or preschool is quite jammed.

Making a left on route 9 is scary.....

Personally, I plan errands so I'm not doing either of those things from 8-9:30 or from 4:15-5:15

Other than that, traffic is much better and more manageable than BP, plus there's parking lots practically everywhere, so parking is usually a breeze.

debsey

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 4:14 pm
Parking is a million times better than Brooklyn. There is traffic on the main roads during the morning and afternoon commutes, but the side streets are usually quiet.

Remember that Route 9 is a state highway - so you have plenty of people going up and down all day long. There are few other thoroughfares to get from the north of Lakewood to the south, and vice versa, so most of the traffic is on the 9. If you can avoid it, you are probably fine.

UQT

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 7:12 pm
In Brooklyn there is a light at EVERY.SINGLE.CORNER. It's so maddening. In Lakewood there is always a way to get around the traffic.

groisamomma

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 9:47 pm
I still can't get used to no parking lots at every store in Bklyn. I also can't stand the lights at every corner. Lakewood has its own issues, but at least nobody's sitting in the horn the minute the light turns green.

summer0808

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 9:50 pm
it's better but depends what time. 9-10, 1:45 to 4;30 every road (except real side) is JAMMED! Back roads also get backups during those times. Otherwise it's much quieter. and yes there is no beeping when the light turns green. even dD noticed that already!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating