Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Shabbos getaway this week

amother

Post Tue, Nov 25 2014, 9:52 am
A group of married friends want to go away for shabbos and have a potluck style shabbos. Needs to be close to nyc area (not more than two hours away) and under 200 a couple. Any ideas???

doctorima

Post Tue, Nov 25 2014, 10:33 am
I wish them luck, but I don't think their budget is realistic. Just the lodging will cost that much, and then when you add in food, plus profit for whoever's running it, I don't see how you could get all of that for under 200 per couple. The programs I've always seen advertised are much more than that. But if you do find it, please let me know, because maybe I'll come too! Smile

sky

Post Tue, Nov 25 2014, 11:46 am
It sounds like they want to bring their own food (and sefer torah and siddurim I'm assuming).

You can try calling the hotels used on http://www.shabbosgetaways.com/
From what I understand he rents a room for the shul from the hotel so they are probably familiar with the setup.

And you need to make sure the hotel is shabbos friendly (I.e stairwells aren't locked, stairwell lights don't turn on when you enter, no light sensors in the bathroom, no automatic toilet flushing, etc)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics