Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
ISO (online) science courses - career change - ISO advice

amother

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 12:46 pm
Recently, I've been thinking about a career change that would require me to take general science prerequisites - bio, chem, organic chem and physics.

Has anyone taken these courses online? I know that it isn't preferred, but I'm definitely a non-traditional student and don't know if I have the time to attend physical classes right now (the closest schools would take about 1.5-2 hours of extra time to get to).

Does anyone have advice re: taking post-bacc science courses? This is something I've wanted to do for a while, but I feel like now's my last chance.

My undergrad GPA is really strong, so I am pretty sure I could be accepted to any program. I would love a structured online program, but my own search results have not yielded anything satisfactory. I wonder if anyone has personal experience.

If location matters, I am in a big city but not in the tri-state area.

Bruria

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 2:19 pm
Before you start enrolling in online science courses, make sure that the program you want to get into later on accepts these courses.
Many universities do not accept online science courses,especially because usually in person science courses require lab, so just check that out before committing.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 2:45 pm
UK online qualifications (BScs, MScs, diplomas, indivdual courses) with the Open University are quite good.

http://www.openuniversity.edu/.....ea=47

Maybe there's something there that will help.

causemommysaid

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 2:56 pm
can I ask what you are going into?

there are many masters programs online for people who already have a bachelors which it sounds like you do.

are you looking for masters level credits or just more bachelor credits in order to qualify for a masters program?

oh you can also PM me if you like. I do have some ideas but would rather not post publicly as I've discussed this in real life.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 1:22 am
OP here.

I'm thinking about pharmacy.

But I just found out that the online pharm program I want doesn't accept online classes with a lab...

So now I can take comm. college classes if I want, but that will involve a much longer time commitment. I don't know what to do.

causemommysaid, can you share some tips? this isn't a very-watched thread. (I don't want to reveal my screen name; thanks for understanding)

DrMom

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 1:25 am
Bruria wrote:
Before you start enrolling in online science courses, make sure that the program you want to get into later on accepts these courses.
Many universities do not accept online science courses,especially because usually in person science courses require lab, so just check that out before committing.

This.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics