Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Brisket -vs-London Broil

mimsy7420

Post Wed, Mar 28 2007, 6:47 pm
So the recipe I want to make called for a pickled brisket, you boil it and then bake it in a sauce.

BUT
they didn't have a pickled brisket, they only had a pickled london broil.

Do you think I can still make the recipe with a london broil? Will it come out basically the same??

lotte

Post Wed, Mar 28 2007, 7:06 pm
I wish I can get it straight once & forever.
when I got married I went to Glatt mart and asked for a giuded tour-I wanted to undesratnd meat!
Until today I dont know the differences.
I LOve French roast and you can make it in so many different ways:cook,bake etc.
can anyone help here?

withhumor

Post Wed, Mar 28 2007, 7:09 pm
cheek meat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mimsy7420

Post Wed, Mar 28 2007, 9:25 pm
anyone??

HELP!

chayalife

Post Wed, Mar 28 2007, 9:32 pm
I am sure it will come out good but the texture might be a little different I think london broil is a more lean peice of meat ,anything pickeld should come out the same way more or less though if you boil it ... good luck

cindy324

Post Wed, Mar 28 2007, 9:47 pm
OK, London Broil will probably be not as soft as brisket. Brisket, second cut anyway,is usually a fatty cut. The more fat, the softer the meat.

I usually buy 2nd cut corned beef brisket, and bake it covered in a sweet and sour sauce.

withhumor

Post Wed, Mar 28 2007, 11:01 pm
I’m serious about the cheek meat, by the way. It’s the most exquisite piece ever.

batya_d

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 10:22 am
withhumor wrote:
I’m serious about the cheek meat, by the way. It’s the most exquisite piece ever.

I keep hearing this on imamother... what do you do with cheekmeat? Is it lean?

I usually only buy the prepackaged meat at the butcher. I don't know why I'm so embarassed to go up to the counter and ask for something, but I'm kinda nervous they'll be like, "you're crazy, we've never heard of such a thing!" How weird am I? Confused

My mom keeps telling me to get a deckel or kalichel to make a roast, and I want to ask about cheekmeat, too.

cindy324

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 1:02 pm
Batya, cheekmeat is definitely not lean! It's melt in your mouth soft, and is usually sold in smallish pieces, maybe a pound each. I usually put in into the cholent, I haven't tried it any other way.

withhumor

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 7:19 pm
it's fatty, and heaven! fab in cholent, or for a tasty dinner! cook any way you like!

Raisin

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 7:31 pm
I'm so glad I read this post - a shochet came over just now (they shecht meat for export where I live) and boght a gift of a huge bag of meat, liver, shoulder, and cheekmeat. What can I do with it besides cholent?

(I don't usually get grossed out...but cheekmeat? It's a little too graphic a name)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics