Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Dr. Hizami or Dr. Holzer
1  2  Next

amother

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 11:42 am
Has anyone had any experience with either of these doctors? My daughter was diagnosed with ADHD inattentive subtype and I received both of these names.
TIA

amother

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 11:51 am
Yes, my son has gone to Dr. Hizami, I'm very impressed with him. Sharp, but very non intimidating. He doesn't take insurance though.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 11:54 am
Dr Holzer might be a very nice dr but his service was (3 yrs ago) very unprofessional. Long waits..... Took phone calls during session. Was able to wait 2 or 3 wks for a prescription to be mailed to me. He has lots of experience in this field especially ADHD but I was very turned off with his service. It was cash and supposed to be a private practice but didn't feel private at all. This was my experience.

ROFL

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 11:56 am
I have heard that dr holzer maybe should be diagnosed with ADHD
Dr hizami is more professional. But he gets big money.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 11:59 am
Lol! Don't know if it's him or his assistance working for him.

ROFL

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 12:01 pm
I am serious about ADHD diagnosis and dr holzer. I was told that be two very different people who had used him

amother

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 12:06 pm
OP here.
Thanks for all the replies.
Anyone know how much Hizami charges for initial visit? Dies he take parent input seriously?

amother

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 12:51 pm
I have had an extremely bad experience with Dr. Hizami.
He basically did not follow protocol when increasing my kids medication, causing a severe and permanent side effect.
I guess my point is to be really vigilante when it comes to psychotropic medication. Read all the medical literature about dosageing and side effects.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 8:38 pm
Bump

Rebesq

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 3:40 am
Bumping this - can anyone else recommend dr Hizami

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 3:45 am
I'd advise staying away from Dr. Hizami. Have you ever heard of Dr. Shalom Feinberg? I highly recommend him.

Rebesq

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 4:03 am
No never heard of him. Why stay away?

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 4:07 am
I wasn't so impressed with Shalom Feinberg for myself, don't know how he is w kids.
I'd agree to stay away from hizami. My therapist told him that one of the ppl under hizami's supervision molested me and a few other women. Hizami refused to believe it or do anything.

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 4:25 am
My experience with Dr. Hizami was that he prescribed meds without detailing their possible side effects, he was quite cold when I desperately called him with a husband who was clearly out of control on the meds, and he did not recognize that my husband was quickly (mis)using the meds to get high.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 5:19 am
My experience with Dr hizami was not good. Put me on a cocktail that really caused side effects. I found with other Dr's too that they basically pick these meds out of a hat. There is simply no way to figure out what would "work" for u-I.e. destroy your health slower.
Dr Feinberg, I felt was a mentch, kind and seemed intelligent. He encouraged me when I was weaning off.
I took a natural approach-cranial sacral thrapy, nutritional supplements, diet. Slow and steady. better than I ever was on meds.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 3:56 pm
Not impressed with either
Try Marcia Bergtraum
(516) 488-2323

debsey

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 4:06 pm
amother wrote:
I wasn't so impressed with Shalom Feinberg for myself, don't know how he is w kids.
I'd agree to stay away from hizami. My therapist told him that one of the ppl under hizami's supervision molested me and a few other women. Hizami refused to believe it or do anything.

Who does Hizami supervise? I never heard that he supervises anyone. I was under the impression that he is alone in the practice. If you were molested by a medical or mental health professional, please call their licensing board and the police!

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 4:12 pm
Debsey, it's long ago painful memories, so please excuse me for not going into more details.
I was just trying to give an idea of his character.
Very likely he's moved on since back then.

debsey

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 4:17 pm
amother wrote:
Debsey, it's long ago painful memories, so please excuse me for not going into more details.
I was just trying to give an idea of his character.
Very likely he's moved on since back then.

It's important information, if true. I know several people using him, now that he has offices in Lakewood. I don't mean to open up old wounds, but do referral agencies like Relief know about this? I'm sorry - I don't mean to upset you, but this is serious.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 5:04 pm
Where are you ladies located and what kind of doctor are you looking for?
I am very happy with Dr Pasternak at YAI. He's very thorough with his meds and easily accessible and will make adjustments whenever necessary. 2122736519. He takes lots of insurances, including straight Medicaid. Then there is also a Dr. Aron, a female doctor located in brooklyn, I dont know her phone number, only that she is very good. There's also Dr. Mayer in the NYSHA clinic in Williamsburg. I dont know his number offhand either. Hatzlocha to all.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics