Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Broccoli popcorn?

blueberrypie

Post Thu, Jan 01 2015, 11:58 am
Has anyone tried the KBD cauliflower popcorn recipe with broccoli? I found prechecked raw brocoli in the store- usually I use frozen cauliflower and it comes to tasting good, but mushy. Thanks.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 01 2015, 8:12 pm
blueberrypie wrote:
Has anyone tried the KBD cauliflower popcorn recipe with broccoli? I found prechecked raw brocoli in the store- usually I use frozen cauliflower and it comes to tasting good, but mushy. Thanks.
Tastes great seasoned with olive oil, fresh garlic, salt and pepper.

blueberrypie

Post Thu, Jan 01 2015, 9:10 pm
Thanks ra_mom, that sounds really good, I like the KBD recipe because it has exact amounts, do you have a specific recipe with amounts? I'm not good at judging amounts!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 01 2015, 9:37 pm
blueberrypie wrote:
Thanks ra_mom, that sounds really good, I like the KBD recipe because it has exact amounts, do you have a specific recipe with amounts? I'm not good at judging amounts!

2 heads fresh broccoli
4 Tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 1/2 tsp kosher salt or 1 tsp regular table salt
2 pinches black pepper

BrachaBatya

Post Thu, Jan 01 2015, 11:05 pm
It's a yummy way of preparing broccoli. I roast it in florets at a high temp with the olive oil, salt and pepper. If I am doing dairy, I also sprinkle a little parmesan cheese. Can we say, YUM?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes