Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Split Ends - Mishpacha serial
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

boysrus

Post Mon, Dec 29 2014, 9:51 pm
kkk wrote:
I know. Picked a random letter and didnt realize till it was done Confused Crying

kkk, you could always change your screenname if you decide you dont like its connotations...

amother

Post Tue, Dec 30 2014, 3:58 am
Full update anyone? I only had the week before, where it talked about Mira being his sister..

Thanks!

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Dec 30 2014, 8:49 am
amother wrote:
Full update anyone? I only had the week before, where it talked about Mira being his sister..

Thanks!

I think we're caught up to date. Read the last few posts. If I missed anything maybe someone can fill it in.

malkacooks

Post Tue, Dec 30 2014, 12:04 pm
I go by numbers. what week are we on?

JMM-uc

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 7:04 am
Split ends ENDED this week! Very predictable ending...

workaholicmama

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 7:17 am
Ooh didn't get it last few weeks... did enjoy the recap here... anyone care to recall the last installment for me?
TIA

malkacooks

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 11:39 am
so who wants to share the ending?

JMM-uc

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 11:52 am
Libby tells Avi she's getting married, (he only knew bin was getting married) he has a little tantrum but relaxes when he hears it's Shimmy. It is Libby's wedding... And the very end is Bin arriving at the wedding coming over to say mazal tov and being tactless. Libby bursts out laughing. Oh and shimon rose the guy she dated before Shimmy is there too and turns out he's Shimmy's cousin and he suggested the shidduch.

And they lived happily ever after Smile

That's it in a nutshell.

youngishbear

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 1:23 pm
So someone please explain to me Riva's moral of the story.

That ADHD is not so bad? If both Shimmy and Bin get married in the end, why couldn't Libby and Bin work out in the end? Is she saying Libby was too uptight? Point?

JMM-uc

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 1:30 pm
youngishbear wrote:
So someone please explain to me Riva's moral of the story.

That ADHD is not so bad? If both Shimmy and Bin get married in the end, why couldn't Libby and Bin work out in the end? Is she saying Libby was too uptight? Point?

Riva is very pro therapy and medication (her husband is a therapist!) I think if Libby and Bin would of gotten back together it would of been cheesy. And way too predictable!!

youngishbear

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 1:45 pm
JustMeMyself wrote:
Riva is very pro therapy and medication (her husband is a therapist!) I think if Libby and Bin would of gotten back together it would of been cheesy. And way too predictable!!

Of course it would've been cheesy. I'm just asking, if Libby hated Bin's ADHD and he was generally a likeable person, why did she fall for another likeable person with ADHD? Even cheesier imho... or at least ironic.

malkacooks

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 2:05 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Of course it would've been cheesy. I'm just asking, if Libby hated Bin's ADHD and he was generally a likeable person, why did she fall for another likeable person with ADHD? Even cheesier imho... or at least ironic.

wondering the same thing here. I thought the story was somehow going to be that libby needed to more open minded to things and not be so rigid

Lady Bug

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 2:10 pm
youngishbear wrote:

I think the point is that something in Libby was attracted to people with ADHD. That not all people with ADHD are created equal. That ADHD is a mental illness and has serious ramifications on a marriage.

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 2:44 pm
I don't know what the point was.
Imo, I think Bin is an example of someone with ADHD who is irresponsible and doesn't take the right steps, whereas Shimmy is the opposite. I don't know why the author had been get remarried... I think that's a bad lesson.

youngishbear

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 2:49 pm
Lady Bug wrote:
I think the point is that something in Libby was attracted to people with ADHD. That not all people with ADHD are created equal. That ADHD is a mental illness and has serious ramifications on a marriage.

But if libby learned her lesson and relaxed a bit, and bin got better, it's weird to make her marry a different ADHD guy.

Is Bin marriage material or not?? Strange and confusing.

JMM-uc

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 2:53 pm
Hey Riva, wanna join the conversation? Wink

youngishbear

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 2:55 pm
JustMeMyself wrote:
Hey Riva, wanna join the conversation? Wink

Do you know for sure she's on here?

youngishbear

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 2:59 pm
Maybe the point is that different people have different tolerance levels for different degrees of ADHD, that this isn't anyone's fault necessarily if it doesn't work out...

Or that it's not the disorder that causes divorces, it's the chemistry between the couple. Proof: Libby can handle ADHD, but not Bin.

I love these serials. We get a chance to gossip and do amateur psychological evaluations without LH lol.

ruchelbuckle

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 3:11 pm
JustMeMyself wrote:
Libby tells Avi she's getting married, (he only knew bin was getting married) he has a little tantrum but relaxes when he hears it's Shimmy. It is Libby's wedding... And the very end is Bin arriving at the wedding coming over to say mazal tov and being tactless. Libby bursts out laughing. Oh and shimon rose the guy she dated before Shimmy is there too and turns out he's Shimmy's cousin and he suggested the shidduch.

And they lived happily ever after Smile

That's it in a nutshell.

Huh? I thought the landlady suggested the shidduch!

youngishbear

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 3:20 pm
ruchelbuckle wrote:
Huh? I thought the landlady suggested the shidduch!

It wouldn't be the first time two shadchanim claimed the credit for a shidduch...
Page 7 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room