Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Move out to Pomona? Or stay local

solo

Post Mon, Jan 12 2015, 4:36 am
I've been looking at houses in Wesley hills but haven't found any 4-5 br homes on young blocks in my price range- 6-700k (no bilevels pls)
Someone just contacted me about a development in Pomona. 5 br homes for 600k. families with young children moving in.
In a map it looks waaay out there. Which makes me nervous.
Any monsey people to weigh in? R my requirements and price range to unrealistic for Wesley hills? Should I move out to behind Pomona?

amother

Post Mon, Jan 12 2015, 4:41 am
That new development is far from everything and I don't know if anyone is moving in there. If you had like 5 other families who you were friends with and you could all move in together then maybe do it.

I don't know what "a young block" in Wesley Hills is. yes, Wesley Hills is expensive. But there are high ranches in the 500k-600k range. Things go up for sale. I don't know the area you want to live in - if you are thinking of the Charlotte/Deerwood area, expect to pay between 500-600 for a small high ranch.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 12 2015, 4:46 am
Sorry - I see you don't want a bi-level. You should be able to get a small 4 bedroom colonial for between 600-700k. There is a 3500 5 bed room Tudor on Arcadian for 689k - http://www.zillow.com/homedeta.....zpid/

I would much rather live on Arcadian than out in the middle of nowhere Pomona, but I am biased because I have lived in the area for over 15 years.

anotherima

Post Mon, Jan 12 2015, 4:53 am
I know someone who moved to Pomona. Now they are planning a bar mitzvah and they don't have a decent sized shul to make their Bar mitzvah in. That said, I moved to my block 16 years ago. We were a small neighborhood and we had a shul in someone's basement. Now we are a thriving community with a big shul and tons are moving in, even to neighboring streets. So it depends on you. Are you willing to be a pioneer for a little bit and help build up a neighborhood and get a nice big house?

solo

Post Mon, Jan 12 2015, 4:25 pm
Tx for the replies. Is new city/ new Hempstead a safer bet? Or should I get over the idea of moving out and saving $

ez-pass

Post Mon, Jan 12 2015, 4:41 pm
U can pm me. I live in the new new city community and know a lot about the Pomona one as well as ppl interested in it.

monseychick

Post Mon, Jan 12 2015, 4:49 pm
Take the plunge OP... When I was a little girl , Carlton Rd was a dirt road, our car always got stuck in it.
Build up the neighborhood for your children

mandr

Post Mon, Jan 12 2015, 6:30 pm
And the road I grew up on, we were bordered on all sides by non-Jews (mostly African Americans) and today the area is full of monstrous 12-family compounds of chassidim Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating