Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Midwinter sunday ideas - nr lkwd

amother

Post Tue, Jan 27 2015, 7:58 pm
my boys are off this sunday, ages 8 and 6, and I'd like to do something nice with them. Looking for a place preferably not packed( like bowling or iplay America) up to 1 hr drive from Lakewood. thx!

blueberries

Post Tue, Jan 27 2015, 9:03 pm
Lots of ideas here http://www.familydaysout.com/k.....d/nj/

Notsobusy

Post Tue, Jan 27 2015, 9:11 pm
My kids loved party and play http://www.partyandplayusa.com/. The only problem is that there is a time limit, I think three hours, maybe it was less, my kids would have stayed for longer. It doesn't say the time limit on their website, maybe call them and ask. Actually the website says they may be closed for private parties so call either way.

We also enjoy going to different Chuckee Cheeses, instead of Brick we go to Long Branch or there is one somewhere near Edison.

kollel wife

Post Wed, Jan 28 2015, 10:01 am
Do you definitely want to go out? In this cold weather I'd prefer to buy a large lego set/trains or some new complex toy that would be exciting and reusable too (instead of money towards entrance fee and gas). Then I'd have something new to play with on subsequent cold days as well.

If you scout out the choices in advance maybe with a call to the toy store - visiting the store with them might not be so difficult.

(Certainly not trying to tell you not to go on an outing just making a suggestion that you might like.)

sky

Post Wed, Jan 28 2015, 10:50 am
Cross country skiing or sledding at holmdel park. It isn't expensive and sounds fun. Not sure if they are too young, but my boys around that age would love it. (Never did this)

Other things my boys have enjoyed:
Boat ride to Manhattan.
Either Staten Island Ferry and then train to area with Toys R Us or boat that goes straight to Times Square (further drive, and costs money)

This sounds silly but they still loved it.
We picked up the train in longbranch and took it to point pleasant. Walked to the boardwalk. Searched for kosher candy at the candy store, Played some arcades. Checked out the ocean hitting the beach with snow. Drank some hot cocoa we brought along. Took the train back. (there is also a small aquarium there but they may be too old for it).

doctorima

Post Wed, Jan 28 2015, 10:54 am
Snowtubing is great. Not sure how far Mountain Creek or Campgaw are from Lakewood, but should be around an hour. Boys that age would love it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics