Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling
Status of this year's Torah Home Education Conference

yaelinIN

Post Mon, Feb 09 2015, 12:33 am
I wanted to finally announce that I will not be organizing a Jewish Homeschool Conference this spring. I had a very good but very overwhelming time putting it together, neglecting both family and schooling for my children. If that were the only thing stopping me, I might have been able to pull it off again this year.

However, there are several big (and smaller) obstacles that have fully pushed this conference to the side for me for the time being. First, I will be out of the country both in the spring and summer. Next, this fall was consumed by figuring out if yeshiva high school/mesivta was in my oldest's future and once we thought it appropriate (with the help of our Rav, Rabbi Cary Friedman, may he live and be well), trying to figure out which one was the best fit for him. We
also may be making a move back to the East Coast this fall and that presents its own challenges, especially since we will out of the country most of the next six months. But most
importantly to my life, my younger (and only) sister (Nicole bas Chava) was recently re-diagnosed with breast cancer. This time it is Stage IV with multiple malignancies all over her
body. She is, thank G-d, feeling good right now and will be fighting with all her might, but we don't know what the future holds for her. I will be travelling much more often to see her, her
husband and our family to help them as well as to just be with her. I cannot commit to planning a conference even with the help of so many of you right now.

I hope to have a handle on the next six to nine months of my life in the next month or two and at that point perhaps I can ascertain if I can start the process of planning a conference. I know
many of you will be disappointed because you want to learn more about home education or want to see your homeschooling friends and I understand your frustration. I want to serve the
greater Jewish homeschooling world through making a conference in the near future and if you want that too, please PM me or email me (aldrich613@hotmail.com) and let me know that you
will be able to help. I cannot do it by myself; I need a large group of volunteers to do jobs both big and small.

Please forgive me for not making a conference occur this spring.

May we only meet at simchos/smachot,
Yael
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling