Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
The "I'm so absentminded, I..." thread
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

luppamom

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 10:01 am
Another key story today. Someone was knocking on my door while I was nursing. I usually don't answer the door if it's a man and DH isn't home.. not safe. We get a lot of knocks b/c we recently moved and don't have a name sign. Usually it's not for us. So I called out "who is it" (in Hebrew) the guy responded s/t but I didn't understand. Anyway, he keeps knocking. Finally, in a rude voice I said I'm busy who is it and what do you want, he said, "you left your keys in the door (the outside part). I was like ooohhhh! thank you! I was so embarrassed. It was so sweet of him to keep knocking!

Emotional

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 10:14 am
I also put this in the "I knew I needed more sleep" thread.

One bleary-eyed, slugglish morning, I found myself spooning coffee into my baby's bottle.
I promise!

JMM-uc

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 10:19 am
Emotional wrote:

One bleary-eyed, slugglish morning, I found myself spooning coffee into my baby's bottle.
I promise!

I'd feel sorrier for the mama than the baby Very Happy

Emotional

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 1:24 pm
JustMeMyself wrote:
I'd feel sorrier for the mama than the baby Very Happy

So did I!! Confused

cuties' mom

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 5:35 pm
On motzei Shabbos, I was up with ds who had 104 fever. We rushed to the doctor Sunday morning, where he was diagnosed with the flu and prescribed tamiflu. Dh pulled over in front of the pharmacy and offered to wait in the car while I go get the medicine. I told dh I don't know how long I'll have to wait and I'll call from the store. While standing in line, I reached in my pocket for my cell phone and realized I left it in the car. Luckily, dh realized I wasn't calling and went home after a few minutes.
That evening, I took the car keys off the table so I could get the phone from the car. I started walking down the stairs when it occurred to me that I need the car keys so I went back home to get them. I searched the table for it before reaching into my pocket and retrieving the keys.

KollelWife3

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 8:25 pm
I put hairspray instead of deodorant! embarrassed

working hard

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 9:44 pm
I had my baby on my lap and was watching the plumber fix the sink. My 3 year old was next to me. At one point I realized that it was very quiet for a while. I asked my 3 year old to check what the baby was doing. He burst out laughing and said "Mommy, ________ is on your lap. Oh!

c.c.cookie

Post Fri, Jan 23 2015, 6:19 am
I had two kids on antibiotics. My son got half a tsp and my daughter got a tsp. Well, I gave my DS his dose, then filled a tsp. for my DD, and went back and gave it to that same son I had just given it to. If you aren't following the math - this means he got a triple dose. Ooops.

c.c.cookie

Post Fri, Jan 23 2015, 6:21 am
KollelWife3 wrote:
I put hairspray instead of deodorant! embarrassed

That reminds me, I once shmeared fungus cream on my baby instead of diaper rash cream.
My son once got this eye-cream that resembled super glue. The doctor told me that he heard a story of someone who used super glue on her son's eye instead of the cream, and glued it shut!

JMM-uc

Post Fri, Jan 23 2015, 6:46 am
This thread is hilarious Rolling Laughter

Bitachon101

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 2:25 am
Im soooo mortified, forgot to put pad on!
Thank u thank u thank u Hashem I did not leak through clothing!!!!!
This absentminded mom better get sleep now!

luppamom

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 2:28 am
You're reminding me of last night. Last night, I was taking a shower and it was getting too hot, so I turned the nob, but I'm so absentminded that I made the water too hot and it was starting to burn and even worse, I couldn't remember that I could shut it off, I started running from it and screaming b/c it was burning me! DH came running... I felt so bad.

I guess this is what happens when I don't get a good night sleep for weeks!

luppamom

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 1:36 pm
Had another funny one. My baby woke up to eat, so I fed her in a dark room. I put her in the nursing position and kept waiting for her to latch. I wondered what was wrong b/c she will hardly ever refuse a meal (even when not hungry) and she obviously woke up to eat. I looked/felt around and saw that she was vigorously sucking her pacifier (b/c she wanted to nurse)! I took it out and she quickly began to nurse.

(P.S. She usually spits out the paci when she goes to sleep. P.P.S. She doesn't understand that she needs to spit out the pacifier in order to get something better.)

luppamom

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 1:38 pm
One more:

Today, I went to the store and did some shopping. I made sure to buy the chicken that was on sale for the cheapest price. There was only one left. As I left the store, I looked at the receipt and saw that I paid regular price for my chicken. I go back and wait for the person at the front desk to finish what she was doing and then try to figure out the problem and then go personally check. Finally, she returns to me and said that I did get the sale. I just didn't read the receipt right! It's a good thing she was so nice (and is also a frum woman making Pesach) b/c I felt so stupid.

self-actualization

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 2:26 pm
I've been up at night and then wake up early to clean for Pesach. This morning I finished my fridge and then raced to a meeting, then to work. When I went to get lunch I did the following: spilled cocoa powder all over my skirt, knocked down serving tongs, knocked the cover off of a plastic display case, and then dropped my packaged lunch in the elevator (thankfully it was fine). I know that it's because I am absentminded due to Pesach.

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 2:29 pm
I had a rather expensive dahlia bulb delivered two weeks ago. I threw it into one of my shopping bags as I entered the house. After putting the groceries away I went to plant it and couldn't find it. I looked all over the (tiny) house and could not find it.

Monday when I was cleaning my fridge and freezer I found it tucked neatly in the freezer door.

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 2:31 pm
Emotional wrote:

I promise!

& that's how the caffeine addict is born coffee

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 2:34 pm
I was talking on the phone the other night when I decided I would get ready for bed at the same time - so I turned off the lights & went to put the phone in the charger while I was speaking Call me

HopeMother

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 4:04 pm
Went to the store with all the WIC checks for the month and bought lots of formula. Only bought formula, nothing else... like 6 jars of formula... Checked out, returned the shopping cart... Left the bag with the formula in the shopping cart at the store. Went back to the store to check and it was gone Sad store couldnt help...

Emotional

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 9:42 pm
HopeMother, that is just the pits!!! It's exactly the type of scenario that I can envision easily happening to me. Mega hugs!!!!!!
Page 7 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics