Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets
If you found a rat in your house, what would you do?
Previous  1  2

Zehava

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 12:30 pm
Scream call my husband and live on the table

imasoftov

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 1:41 pm
Wikipedia says "The average lifespan of any given rat depends on which species is being discussed, but many only live about a year due to predation." This thread is older than that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat

loveandpeace

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 2:49 pm
Move out

ayintova

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 3:27 pm
I've always wanted a cat but DH won't allow it. Maybe I should "plant" fake black droppings around the house.😀

greenfire

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 3:30 pm
ayintova wrote:
I've always wanted a cat but DH won't allow it. Maybe I should "plant" fake black droppings around the house.😀

that's a funny idea - [you can use black sprinkles] Twisted Evil

greenfire

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 3:33 pm
my daughter had a pet rat ... white with red eyes ... it was somewhat cute while it dormed in her room ... until she insisted I admire the thing - she put it on my arm & it climbed onto my shoulder at which point I started to scream GET IT OFF & OUT OF HERE NOW !!!

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 3:36 pm
greenfire wrote:
my daughter had a pet rat ... white with red eyes ... it was somewhat cute while it dormed in her room ... until she insisted I admire the thing - she put it on my arm & it climbed onto my shoulder at which point I started to scream GET IT OFF & OUT OF HERE NOW !!!

Sad

My rats used to ride around on my shoulder while I cleaned the house. It was nice to have some company, except they liked to nibble on my earrings, and it tickled!

greenfire

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 3:53 pm
well - she got bored of it & brought it back to her owner/friend

I hadn't even realized I would be bothered so much by the rat on my shoulder - till there it was ... I would never harm an animal - not even a mosquito

then she got kittens ... meow meow (^_^)~~~

Fox

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 4:00 pm
Years ago the house next to ours was occupied by a very elderly couple who could no longer take care of their home but refused help.

Their back porch became a chassunah hall for the local rat population. This was sad, of course, but it became a lot more than sad when the rats begin to use *my* house for sheva brochos.

I got a Rat Zapper and within a week, I managed to discourage the rats from enjoying my hospitality. As pet rat owners have said, rats are very intelligent, and wild rats will avoid a place they realize to be dangerous.

Despite my unpleasant experience with the local wild rat community, I love fancy rats and I always look forward to pictures and news about Ruchel's rats!

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 4:52 pm
Fox wrote:
Years ago the house next to ours was occupied by a very elderly couple who could no longer take care of their home but refused help.

Their back porch became a chassunah hall for the local rat population. This was sad, of course, but it became a lot more than sad when the rats begin to use *my* house for sheva brochos.

I got a Rat Zapper and within a week, I managed to discourage the rats from enjoying my hospitality. As pet rat owners have said, rats are very intelligent, and wild rats will avoid a place they realize to be dangerous.

Despite my unpleasant experience with the local wild rat community, I love fancy rats and I always look forward to pictures and news about Ruchel's rats!

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Fox, you have such a way with words!

This reminds me of an episode of "Hoarders" on Netflix. A very sweet guy kept a couple of rats, and they got loose. A year later he had over 2,500 rats living in his house, and they were all domesticated! He loved every one of them.

Animal Rescue came in and trapped them all and re-homed them. It was nice that they had a humane way of dealing with them, and realized that they were all pets.

studying_torah

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 8:20 pm
You'd hear my screaming thru ur screen! Getting anxious just reading this thread! 🐭

Chloe22

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 9:09 pm
I'd leave!

Chloe22

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 9:10 pm
I'd leave!

kelsorino

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 9:42 pm
I would scream, grab the baby, jump on the table crying.

Dont judge. :-).

A mouse I would probably stand on the chair and shreek...but a rat? That's another level
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets