Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
I want to live in Israel but...

amother

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 8:53 pm
So I was born in Israel but moved to NY about 15 years ago with my family. Some of my family then moved back to Israel and some stayed. Now that I have kids, I'm starting to think about moving back to Israel or making an aliyah. My husband is american and in the beginning he was thinking we should live there, but after a few years, he has changed his mind and thinks it's not "realistic" for us to move there at this point. So here's why it would be difficult for us to move there...

The main reason is financially. My husband is a teacher and apparently teachers don't make as much money in Israel. I'm a nutritionist (not RD yet) and I've heard that also nutritionists get a low wage in Israel. Right now my husband is the only one working (he gets a good income from a charter school) and I can stay at home with my toddlers. But in Israel, even if we both work, it will be difficult with these careers.

My parents live in Israel but they're retired. My sister is currently unemployed in Israel but she's still very happy to be there. So if we move, I'll be very happy to be closer to my sister and parents.

My kids are approaching the age of pre-K and I'm starting to see how expensive it is to pay for jewish schools in NY ! So if we move to Israel, we wouldn't have to worry about paying for jewish schools.

I'm not sure what to do. I know Israel would be the best place for us to live. But how would we do it? how could we move there while my husband is just a teacher and my career isn't that great either? I don't know how people just move over there and make it seem easy.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 10:30 am
have you contacted nefesh bnefesh? just to talk to them and see what they recommend or not?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions