Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
So, who else has not even thought about MM yet? :)

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 11:07 pm
I have not even given it a thought in my mind yet.

Anyone else?

I am always able to throw something together, that also looks nice, by the time purim comes around.

Who else has not even thought about MM yet?

Miri7

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 11:10 pm
I have no idea what we will do this year. Never give it a lit of advance thought.

zaq

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 11:19 pm
Nor I. Purim is never too far from my mind, though--I always think in terms of possible MM packaging when deciding whether to salvage or discard a container of any kind, year round. But the contents? Not so much.

Tablepoetry

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 11:27 pm
Moi. Too busy.

DrMom

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 11:49 pm
Me neither.
We don't do "themes" so less advance planning is necessary.

etky

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 11:50 pm
Glad to see I'm in good company.
It's not a huge thing in my circles. If I were to tell people that I was already planning MM before rosh chodesh, they'd look at me funny.

cuties' mom

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 3:47 am
Its not even rosh chodesh yet. Whatever is on sale the week before Purim will be my shalach manos unless my kids pick similar costumes that are connected to an easy theme with theme related items on sale. I am planning to go to a costume gemach this week if its open already, only because I'm off from work this week, but Purim is over 2 weeks away.

imasoftov

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 3:47 am
I've been doing the usual, all year long I've been bookmarking recipes for interest looking cookies, bars and small cakes, and a few days before Purim I'll ignore the list, do some Google image searches for things like "recipe layered chocolate bars" (just an example), drool over them for a bit, click to see if any of them can be made in a finite amount of time using ingredients that I know where to buy, and proceed from there.

A further step will be seeing how much stuff I've got per package, seeing if they fit into anything I've got hanging around, either from previous years or packages I've saved that food came in, finding that nothing fits anywhere, taking a package that's nearly large enough to one of the dozen chad-paami stores in the nearby business district, buying something that I think is a bit larger, and then adjusting the number of packages because the new containers hold more or less than I thought.

tigerwife

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 5:57 am
Haven't started... Would love to dress up too but didn't start thinking of a costume yet. To be honest, my costume usually comes together as late as Purim day and I don't have that many MM to give, so it works for me even if I start the day before. Life of a procrastinator...

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 6:23 am
tigerwife wrote:
Haven't started... Would love to dress up too but didn't start thinking of a costume yet. To be honest, my costume usually comes together as late as Purim day and I don't have that many MM to give, so it works for me even if I start the day before. Life of a procrastinator...
growing up my mother bakes for weeks before and froze things, but we always assembled them after megilah reading at night. Its such a great memory.
We do that now too Smile Its so much fun.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 7:10 am
I make the same stuff — gingerbread cookie Purim characters — every year. I hadn't thought about it yet, but thanks for the reminder. I need to buy some tube frosting and candies for buttons.

ROFL

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 8:14 am
What MM ? Doesn't Purim come out in Adar ? We have so much more time? Now pesach that I am worried about!

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 6:01 pm
Instead of trying to make sure I give to everyone in the community, this year I'm doing it "Rashi style".

I'm going to select two families that I know are having financial trouble right now, and they are going to get a proper meal, along with a bottle of wine. Each MM package will have enough to feed at least 4 people.

MiracleMama

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 6:03 pm
Well, I thought about the fact that I should really start thinking about it, but that's as far as I got.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics