Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
M.M help-- giving to our non-frum neighbors/co-workers
Previous  1  2

ruchelbuckle

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 10:32 am
granolamom wrote:
we also give MM to our secular jewish neighbors. I agree, it needs to look m'chubad. frum ppl understand that a bunch of random stuff is just 'MM' but to give a 'gift' of food and its an assortment of mike and ikes and a snapple and an orange and a chocolate bar, well that's odd if you are unfamiliar with MM.

Thank you for explaining this well!

Okay, now anyone have suggestions for a small note to include explaining why I am giving them a bottle of wine on a random thursday???

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 10:45 am
everybody I know loves hamentash ... non-frum people/frum people/kids/family/old people/me Clown

the wine along with that makes it mechubad for purim shalach manos

justcallmeima

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 11:00 am
One year I gave a whole pineapple and a bottle of wine. Get coloured cellophane from the dollar store and matching ribbon. Wrap the bottle and the pineapple inside the cellophane, gather it at the top and tie with the ribbon. Attach a card with your warm wishes and a little blurb from chabad.org. It's beautiful, available in any grocery store, and doesn't require freezing! Chag sameach!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 11:59 am
Nice chocolate bar in elegant packaging like Rosemarie or that brand of wafer rolls with gold wrapping (brand name starts with P I think?) -- do you have that where you are?

Purim is a time we share gifts of friendship to those around us. Wishing you lots of happiness this Purim, March (whatever day it is). -- The Buckle Family

granolamom

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 6:56 pm
ruchelbuckle wrote:
Thank you for explaining this well!

Okay, now anyone have suggestions for a small note to include explaining why I am giving them a bottle of wine on a random thursday???

I just include a regular 'happy purim from the granolamom family'. I dont want to sound all preachy like I'm trying to convert them or guilt them into observance (I know others will feel differently about this, but thats just how I feel). some of them have asked us more about it and one neighbor now buys a prepackaged MM to return to us, so I feel good about his fulfilling that mitzva.
Project Inspire used to sell prepackaged MM with a nice explanation of purim tucked inside, if that's more your style. I dont know if they still do, you can probably google for their website info.
or see if your local chabad has a nice purim pamphlet.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics