Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Convinced I know who another imamother is IRL-- like MIL
1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Sun, Mar 01 2015, 11:28 pm
I've been on imamother for a few years, and both read and post in waves. I'm absolutely convinced that a frequent poster, who doesn't reveal much about her personal life, is my MIL, mostly based on her unique style of advice giving and the words she chooses, which might not stand out to ANYONE else but I hear my MILs cadence when I read her words. It totally weirds me out, but would also be really cool. It makes it interesting when I post about things, like DH or just life things, and I would take my MILs advice IRL too because she's a fantastic fount of wisdom... but it's different hearing it here in maybe-anonymous-unless-she-suspects-too land. Anybody else experience this? Anon in case I'm right!

amother

Post Sun, Mar 01 2015, 11:33 pm
My SIL is definitely here. She actually called me after a particularly revealing post I made (as amother, mind you) to solve the problem IRL. Since then I'm pretty certain I've figured out who she is, and that she's figured out who I am , and that I don't give private info about myself in any post, both with my screen name and as amother.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Mar 01 2015, 11:41 pm
For awhile, my older daughter was on here. Another poster made remarks that children of BTs should realize that they are not as valuable in the shidduch market as children of FFBs. I pm'ed her that as a parent of a woman on the site, I did not appreciate her remarks. Basically on imamother, I was running interference as a parent and if anyone would have bashed my child, oh boy... Exploding anger She stuck up for me a few times as well. BH her family grew but she no longer has time for the computer. She has published 2 Jewish children's books and has now sent the 3rd to the publisher so her imamother days are long over.

I don't think any of my dils are on here but then again I never asked them.

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Mar 01 2015, 11:50 pm
I have had a different experience. Someone got soooo mad at me because I wouldn't "admit" to being who they thought I was. I'm not the person they thought I was but they were so convinced and angry, when I wouldn't 'fess up.

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Mar 01 2015, 11:54 pm
You are wrong.

And that could be serious, because you could think your MIL thinks things she does not think, and is saying things she has not said, because the person you think is your MIL is NOT.

That could weird your family life, and who needs that? Isn't one MIL enough? You might end up with two, shape-shifting between each other.

singleagain

Post Sun, Mar 01 2015, 11:58 pm
Dolly Welsh wrote:
You are wrong.

And that could be serious, because you could think your MIL thinks things she does not think, and is saying things she has not said, because the person you think is your MIL is NOT.

That could weird your family life, and who needs that? Isn't one MIL enough? You might end up with two, shape-shifting between each other.

how do you know she is wrong? you cannot say that for certain. I figured out my aunt just a few weeks ago, and had that confirmed, and I figured out a friend, who I have not yet confirmed, bc I am not sure if she would want that.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 12:08 am
Dolly Welsh wrote:
You are wrong.

Seconding what singleagain said, and actually,a thing just happened that made me even more convinced, but either way I'm good at compartmentalizing. Most people don't say the same thing IRL as on a message board. Different personas. So it wouldn't make real life weird for me, just taking advice on here weird. Either way, more funny than anything else. And I neither care nor want to know if I'm right. Sometimes mystery is fun.

Dolly Welsh

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 12:24 am
Fine. But it's not me. Your family is Dolly-less.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 12:29 am
Dolly Welsh wrote:
Fine. But it's not me. Your family is Dolly-less.

I wish I'd even thought you! You're awesome! Have you ever thought any of your family was on here, Dolly?

tf

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 12:35 am
What and interesting experience!! I don't think I can recognize anyone here, nor does anyone recognize me. Or am I mistaking? Well, if someone recognizes me, then please be quiet about it. Thank you.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 12:37 am
You could be right.

I have figured out: a SIL, a sister, my mother, a co-worker, an acquaintance, a superior of mine at work, and a friend's mother, and a friend of a friend. And possibly more that I can't recall offhand.

Bitachon101

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 2:03 am
Gosh, I think I'll post amother from now on....!
This post makes me feel so unfree to post as me without wondering who figuring me out Wink

Dolly Welsh

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 2:21 am
Nooooo...

Anonymous posting is so faceless.

skirtznsox

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 2:30 am
Bitachon101 wrote:
Gosh, I think I'll post amother from now on....!
This post makes me feel so unfree to post as me without wondering who figuring me out Wink

This made me want to jump in and comment instead of just lurk! I feel that way sometimes, too. Then I realize someone could always be trying to figure me out, so I'll either be me or not. If it has to be posted amother, should it be posted at all? If the answer is still yes, well, go amother. Or change details.

The whole topic is sort of making me wonder who I actually know IRL from imamother though...

amother

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 2:34 am
I figured out a good friend. She was particularly revealing on a few posts. I made it clear to her that I suspected her so she would be able to change her screenname if she so desired.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 2:38 am
Yup that's the reason I almost always post as amother. Every time I post with my screen name I'm terrified someone will figure me out...

bigbird

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 2:51 am
I figured out who someone was because someone else posted in Announcements that a close family member of that poster had passed away under tragic circumstances. It didn't take too much research to confirm my suspicions.

Someone else posted their grandfathers name in Tehillim needed along with details on the medical situation. Name and situation matched my great uncle and it turned out to be a second cousin I had never met (from overseas).

esther09

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 6:38 am
A friend of mine is on here (but doesn't know I know). I can tell from the way she writes and some info she's given (I.e., being very open about where she lives, etc.)

I like reading her posts because she's pretty outspoken and I generally agree with her. She has different opinions than many people on here (it's why we're friends LOL ) but I am not as brave as her to post such things on here.

animeme

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 6:44 am
In Dolly's defense, I was positive OP was talking about her based on the description. She would know if she could have a dil on here or not.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 7:18 am
Recently had someone insisting she figured me out based on what she assumed from info I posted. Turns out the info she was harping on was info she understood wrong. It's entirely possible she knows me but had the facts wrong but based on the facts she insisted she knew it wouldn't have been me. I also realized after the fact that there was someone else who is very much not me who I know that could have written the exact same post with the same details and that is aside from the rest of the world who could potentially have similar stories. Point is, it's possible but there is a big wide world out there of many people with similar stories/personalities etc. It may be her but it also may not be.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics