Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Please help!!!

amother

Post Wed, Mar 18 2015, 2:31 pm
I accidentally made dh's favorite white shirt go pink in the wash! Urgently need to get it back to white before he sees it! How do I fix this??

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 18 2015, 2:35 pm
wow ~ I hope you didn't dry it too because then it's ruined for life

try bleaching it ...

myname1

Post Wed, Mar 18 2015, 3:24 pm
I've never used them, but I know there are color removers with the dyes in stores like Target and Michael's. Good luck!

Dolly Welsh

Post Wed, Mar 18 2015, 3:49 pm
Just put it through the wash again. This good rinse will probably take it back to white. Use Tide With Bleach And Color Enhancers, the blue liquid. COLD water. Maybe all by itself in the machine.

water_bear88

Post Wed, Mar 18 2015, 4:34 pm
Must be something going around today- I just turned one of DH's white shirts (and a couple of my shells, and a tablecloth) gray when something black bled unexpectedly in the cold load (I normally only sort warm and hot loads by color). Can I rewash those formerly white items together in hopes the dye will come out? They're still wet. I don't know that I've seen dye removal products in the supermarket here.

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 18 2015, 5:12 pm
psa ~ if you don't want your white stuff to change colours ... wash the whites alone ... this is why they call them white loads !!!

take all the white stuff and soak it in hot water with bleach & detergent for an hour or so ... then wash it all out ... and see if this solves the issue

you can also try adding 1/2 cup baking soda to the wash

Lilibet

Post Wed, Mar 18 2015, 5:19 pm
Except - bleach works on cotton and linen, but it will turn most permanent press and polyester/cotton blends yellow.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics