Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Long skirts in Lakewood

L K

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 1:53 pm
Hi,

what stores in Lakewood carry adult skirts that are long enough, 27" +?
Something similar to long A-line Elzee skirts; they no longer have a store in Lakewood.

So far, I've seen plenty of short skirts and "barely kosher", and "hardly kosher" skirts.
Also, found very thin long slinky skirts but you need at least one "underskirt" to wear it.
Also, found shortish pencil skirts (they seem long enough but then you sit down and alas), or very full mid-length skirts but they don't look good on me at all.

Looking for ankle-length true A-line skirts, kinda desperately ), maybe mid-length skirts.
Any help is super-appreciated.

Thanks

mommyla

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 1:58 pm
Junee has a line of longer skirts. Maybe try Fashion Stop (I haven't been there in a long time but call them, they may be the right place).

Chayalle

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 1:59 pm
In Brooklyn SW, they often have skirts that come in longer or shorter - that is, the same skirt, in more than one length. I haven't shopped this year, but last year I got some new skirts with good lengths. I don't know about A-line though - I got a straight skirt, and also flairy.

Notsobusy

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 2:35 pm
I just saw ankle length A-line skirts in the junior sections in Kohls in Howell.

faigyl

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 2:42 pm
Miss Polka Dot has a bunch. I tried on a bunch of skirts that came down to there and I'm 5'5"!

questioner

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 2:56 pm
Fashion Stop has the same skirt in 27 and 29 inch lengths. I got a nice A-line 27 inch skirt there.

L K

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 4:25 pm
Thank you for the replies, it's just annoying to go hopping from store to store unsuccessfully - and I'm officially petite which makes it even more bizarre when everything is too short. Whatever...

Same thing with kids skirts. Baruch HaShem for fashion wholesalers that carries long-enough stuff. I have recently checked out one other store in the hopes of finding girl skirts, and they were just plain short. To my innocent question what's the matter the owner or sales lady said well the yetzer hara is hard at work. (where is the wild-eyes emoticon?!)

Vent over.

In junees, I have recently seen short skirts (about 25" and under) and long slinky ones, did I miss other long ones, like heavier/ dressier ones?

In fashion stop I saw the 27" a line skirts but unfortunately I look really bad in those.

Has anyone seen long skirts in Brooklyn sw? I'm not 18 and can't wear the short full girly skirts they make me feel and look ridiculous.

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 4:57 pm
Dress barn has great stuff
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars