Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Lace front wig grip or headband???
1  2  Next

amother

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 5:04 am
I saw something on Facebook and now I can't find it. Wig looked amazing. It said something about a wig grip or headband that you add to your wig and it turns into a lace front. Anyone know what I am talking about?

champion

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 6:20 am
milano iband

mp5

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 11:34 am
I just came across this - it's called a "lace wig grip" by the "Wig Fairy". It sounds like what you were asking about:

Hope this helps.

tova100

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 12:56 pm
has anyone tried the lace wig grip? hows the quality of the hair?

sara_s

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 1:42 pm
Souds cool! Is there anyone who sells them in Israel?

sara_s

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 1:47 pm
Souds cool! Is there anyone who sells them in Israel?

flmommy

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 4:01 pm
I want to try one so bad. I would order the Milano but they don't so refunds only exchanges and there isn't a showroom near me.

champion

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 6:10 am
for the price they are selling it for online you can get a shaitel macher to put a lace front in you wig. I know somebody who can do a wonderful job and will give you great service. tell me if you are interested.

flmommy

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 7:50 am
Yep I am interested. Either PM me please or post here. I could mail her my wig or she needs to see my hairline? Does it look as good as if you bought a "real" lace front wig?

studying_torah

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 8:01 am
Pardon my ignorance-
Does the lace stick out from the front of the wig? Why does it look more natural than using a wig grip?
How does ur original wig cap fit properly if it's placed further back, behind the lace grip?
Edited to remove questions that were answered in the video. Posted first, watched after☺️

cbg

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 9:03 am
Champion can you give us more info on having a lace sewn in what's the cost of such a service

cbg

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 9:07 am
studying_torah wrote:
Pardon my ignorance-
Does the lace stick out from the front of the wig? Why does it look more natural than using a wig grip?
How does ur original wig cap fit properly if it's placed further back, behind the lace grip?
Edited to remove questions that were answered in the video. Posted first, watched after☺️

I bought a wow band from Fortune wigs. I love mine. I don't like my Sheitel fall into my face. My Sheitel has a bit of side bangs that are always in my eyes. The band makes it posible for the sheitel to natural fall away from my face. Also it gives my forehead a rounded look instead of a triangular look. I don't know if this makes sense.

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 9:08 am
Ok, I don't get it. How is this different than a regular sheital except that it's one more thing on your head? It's just adding bangs?

kiwi strawberry

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 9:11 am
I don't have one but an advantage of the lace headband vs. getting a lace front sewn into a shaitel is that you can wear it with all your shaitels. If you ever get rid of that shaitel that you would have sewn in the front lace you still have the lace headband that you can wear with a different shaitel. It's portable Smile

studying_torah

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 11:08 am
I have a reg velvet wig band, not sure why the lace is an advantage over the regular one; or how it makes the front look more natural

kiwi strawberry

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 1:02 pm
The velvet grip headbands go under a shaitel (or tichel) and serves to prevent the shaitel from falling back. A lace headband goes in front of a shaitel* and has hair coming out of it and the purpose of it is specifically to have that hair in front of the shaitel hair. The 2 are completely different and serve 2 totally different purposes Smile

*as in, you push the shaitel a bit further back to allow the hair from the lace headband to be in front. The lace headband does not look like a headband once it's on. It just looks like hair in the front. It's basically a strip of band with hair sewn into it so that when it's on you only see that hair which is made to fall on the sides of the face. If that made any sense.

cbg

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 2:58 pm
If you watch the video you'll get a better understanding.

nicole81

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 3:55 pm
flmommy wrote:
Yep I am interested. Either PM me please or post here. I could mail her my wig or she needs to see my hairline? Does it look as good as if you bought a "real" lace front wig?

Many sheitel machers who offer lace front wigs sew the lace into a regular wig after the customer picks out a piece they like, so there really isn't a difference. I have one such wig. As long as the lace is cut well, it will look good. If you're interested in seeing a pic, I can show you.

Beach Bum

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 5:41 pm
Can you wear this with a band fall so that it looks like your hair is showing in front of the headband? I hate how it looks with the headband right by the forehead.

Lanz892

Post Thu, Apr 09 2015, 5:22 am
I tried one with my fall but found it looks very unnatural
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics