Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Sell first or buy first

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, May 03 2015, 8:24 pm
We r looking to mover to a new house. We will be using the money from the sale of our current house to buy the new house. The real estate agent is telling us that we should first accept an offer on our house and then buy another house. Her reason is that we can't make a serious offer to buy a house if we really need to first sell our house to get the money. On the other hand my husband and I are both concerned that if we agree to sell our house and we cant find someplace to buy right away then we will likely have to close on our own house and move into a rental while we are still looking and that would make things very difficult. The agent tells us that ideally we should try to arrange with the buyer of our house that we can rent the house for a short while as we are looking for a house but the buyer doesn't have to agree to this stipulation. So my question is: did you buy first or sell first?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating