Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Uppababy 2015 for two kids?

amother
Teal

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 8:45 pm
I am iyh expecting my second this Winter- they will be 2.5 years apart, exactly, Gd willing.
Right now, I have a high quality umbrella stroller. I had an expensive one, but whole thing fell apart and just threw it out.
Is uppababy 2015 a good idea for two kids that age? I do not want a bulky double stroller like CitiMini bec my son is very independent and likes to walk and I dont like the idea of a big wide stroller in small stores etc. I also want the bassinett for the baby as I found it helpful with my son.
I live in NY area and am not sure how much I will actually use the stroller when dropping kids off by babysitter. Right now, I walk my son to car and drive him.
I definitely walk a lot when weather is nicer,but by then my son will be almost 3 so do I really need a stroller for him or I can just use the Boogie board?

I hear the 2015 is supposedly a better double carriage, than previous models, but quite pricey. Does anyone know the best priced place to order from?

kb

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 8:52 pm
if you just use the stroller to walk to the car, get something that can fold without taking seats off before putting it in the trunk.

MMCH

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 9:04 pm
I dont know much about the 2015 model, but the second seat for the Uppa Baby is impossible.
The big kid is squished back there. With very little room.
If your son is a talll, or big, its very bulky and heavy.

A lot of people do not recommend Uppa Baby as a double.

Sewsew_mom

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 9:10 pm
I would get the buggy board on any stroller you have.. I got the most use out of that. If your kids were 2 years or less apart I would suggest a double but not the uppababy unless your planning on using it for a walking stroller.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 9:14 pm
Right- uppabbay 2015 is supposed to fold without needing to take apart pieces... and 2nd seat is supposed to be much better than previous editions. However, if I am not using the double stroller anyways until Spring when my son is almost 3, is it worth it to get an earlier and (much cheaper!) model and just buy a boogieboard? Or do you think I need that second seat for my toddler? Cn anyone with experience weigh in?

Sewsew_mom

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 9:19 pm
amother wrote:
Right- uppabbay 2015 is supposed to fold without needing to take apart pieces... and 2nd seat is supposed to be much better than previous editions. However, if I am not using the double stroller anyways until Spring when my son is almost 3, is it worth it to get an earlier and (much cheaper!) model and just buy a boogieboard? Or do you think I need that second seat for my toddler? Cn anyone with experience weigh in?

How heavy is ur son. The Rumble seat only goes to 30 lbs. I don't think a 3 year old needs a stroller unless you go walking a far distance. (from my experience my son only sat in stroller on shabbos to walk an hour + otherwise was totally fine on buggy board.) rather stick with the uppababy cruz with a buggy board it's a smaller stroller made more for cars and short walks. The Vista is huge IMHO.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 9:22 pm
He weighs close to 27 now and is almost 2... Do you think at 2.5 he will be ok with standing on boogie board for lets say a shabbos walk to the park? or I should stick with buying a seat?
I should mention also I will not have my husband around much to help me load the car etc so I need something thats easy to fold with two kids/

seeker

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 9:59 pm
Are you planning to have more children? Then investing in a good stroller that can do a second seat may be a good choice even if your first might not get tons of use out of it.

Britax B-ready is a very similar concept to the UB Vista and considerably less expensive. I know one person who has it and seems to like it. For some reason the UB and City Select are more popular around here but I'm not sure why, they are so much more expensive and the City Select seems huge and clunky.

You could always just get one because it's supposed to be a great stroller, and decide later if you want to use a buggy board or a second seat.

When I had one 2-year-old and one infant, I most often wore the infant in a baby carrier and put the 2-year-old in a single stroller. I never had a 2nd seat option thing, and found the single much easier to manage than the double. Gradually transitioned to baby in stroller and older child walking (at first they'd take turns, but by the time baby was really too big for carrier older sib was ready to walk most of the time anyway) But I did own a double for when I really needed both kids seated (maclaren, spent most of the time neatly folded in closet)

kb

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 10:04 pm
I loved my uppababy except for its fold and weight (and width). My recommendation? Go to the store, put on both seats, and see how it folds. And THEN see if you can pick it up to throw it into the trunk. Whenever we go anywhere with the car and stroller, I have my husband do the loading and unloading of the stroller because it is so heavy (and takes up almost the whole trunk of a sedan, btw. Could be the newer version folds more compactly, but it's worth checking out)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics