Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What to wear when the weather is in the 60s (F)

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 12:35 am
I know what to wear when the weather is in the 50s. And when it reaches the 70s. No clue how to dress when it starts off in the high 50s in the morning and goes up only until the 60s in the afternoon.
Morning at that temp I need a jacket. Which looks ridiculous with no socks so I wear opaque tights. Then it goes up to the 60s, jacket nog necessary but a little strange for no socks and a little strange for opaque tights.
How do I dress for work each morning?? Been this way for 3 weeks and while I love the mild weather I can't wear my fur clothes or my white clothes.

dancingqueen

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 9:21 am
Layers, like a blazer over your top, and sheer stockings for some warmth.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 9:28 am
Definitely not opaque tights at this time of year. Either no socks at all, Or nude tights. Any color skirt except white. Any color top. Any shoes except white. Light jacket if you are cold. No wool or fur.

Sanguine

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 9:38 am
amother wrote:
I know what to wear when the weather is in the 50s. And when it reaches the 70s. No clue how to dress when it starts off in the high 50s in the morning and goes up only until the 60s in the afternoon.
Morning at that temp I need a jacket. Which looks ridiculous with no socks so I wear opaque tights. Then it goes up to the 60s, jacket nog necessary but a little strange for no socks and a little strange for opaque tights.
How do I dress for work each morning?? Been this way for 3 weeks and while I love the mild weather I can't wear my fur clothes or my white clothes.
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Is this a serious question?

OK - serious advice: You should only work part time to make sure you're home by the time the weather gets to the 60's (If you have to work full time, get home to change during your lunch break)

carrot

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 9:48 am
Hey Sanguine, I totally relate to this question! It's a real question! Non-tznius keepers wear pants this time of year. What about us?

I can't stand wearing opaque tights or stockings.

sequoia

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 9:55 am
Pants Smile
Seriously. I usually wear skirts, in the winter with warm tights and in the summer with bare legs. But in midseason I break out the pants. Doesn't last too long, normally, at least in NY.

daisy

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 10:19 am
no advice, but want to say hi to carrot Smile

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 10:26 am
mommy2b2c wrote:
Definitely not opaque tights at this time of year. Either no socks at all, Or nude tights. Any color skirt except white. Any color top. Any shoes except white. Light jacket if you are cold. No wool or fur.

Thank you for taking the time to answer this seriously and I appreciate your advice!
I feel wierd in no socks or nude pantyhose when I'm cold but I did it anyway. So I shivered away on my way to work but felt a little more appropriate than with tights. I think long skirts may be the answer here but sometimes I need to be a little dressier.
Thanks again!

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 11:24 am
amother wrote:
Thank you for taking the time to answer this seriously and I appreciate your advice!
I feel wierd in no socks or nude pantyhose when I'm cold but I did it anyway. So I shivered away on my way to work but felt a little more appropriate than with tights. I think long skirts may be the answer here but sometimes I need to be a little dressier.
Thanks again!

Long skirts would make sense too. I didn't think of that, because I never wear them.

lfab

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 2:32 pm
Don't know how professional looking you need to be for work but I love long skirts. Especially for this time of year. There are plenty of long skirts that are nice but in general they are a more casual/less business office look than short skirts.

seeker

Post Thu, May 21 2015, 1:34 am
I've never cared enough to worry, but could you put on leggings for the way to work and then take them off in the bathroom? That way you're warm in the chilly morning, look professional at work, and not too hot for the way home.

On top you wear a sweater, blazer, or jacket, but with a full shirt (not shell or sleeveless) under so you can peel off the outer layer as needed.

carrot

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 8:12 pm
carrot wrote:
Hey Sanguine, I totally relate to this question! It's a real question! Non-tznius keepers wear pants this time of year. What about us?

I can't stand wearing opaque tights or stockings.

I can't believe I wrote that! For the record: I LOVE wearing opaque tights. I can't stand the summer "let's pretend my legs are bare" kind.

Hi Daisy!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics