Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Vein Monsey

wereafamily

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 11:16 am
Vein was always the only option for my son, but now I hear things are changing. Anyone have any clear details exactly whats "changing"? Now that Rabbi Rottenberg is gone is the school different?

amother
Olive

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 11:39 am
Why was Vien the only option? How would changes in Vien affect that?
The new people ousted the 2 key players in Vien Cheder, the Menahel and the administrator. The staff is unsure, some of them are leaving. There is a lack of confidence in the new Hanhala. It looks like in a few years it will be a regular chasidishe Cheder with the Viener Rebbi, the whole 9 yards.
Anything specific you want to know?

Maya

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 1:13 pm
wereafamily wrote:
Vein was always the only option for my son, but now I hear things are changing. Anyone have any clear details exactly whats "changing"? Now that Rabbi Rottenberg is gone is the school different?

Supposedly it's being taken over by the Williamsburg Rav and his people, so expect it to become a version of Satmar, as has happened to the Williamsburg mosdos.

wereafamily

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 2:19 pm
amother wrote:
Why was Vien the only option? How would changes in Vien affect that?
The new people ousted the 2 key players in Vien Cheder, the Menahel and the administrator. The staff is unsure, some of them are leaving. There is a lack of confidence in the new Hanhala. It looks like in a few years it will be a regular chasidishe Cheder with the Viener Rebbi, the whole 9 yards.
Anything specific you want to know?

Do you send there? Is the parent body changing too?

Vien and Bais Dovid are the only neutral heimish cheder in Monsey - unless I'm missing something?

blad

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 3:25 pm
Old school neutral heimish cheder, you got BD and Vien. but if you are looking for a school with new ideas neutral heimish cheder than you got Imrei shufer. We send our boys there its amazing, absolutely the best school in town

wereafamily

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 4:46 pm
blad wrote:
Old school neutral heimish cheder, you got BD and Vien. but if you are looking for a school with new ideas neutral heimish cheder than you got Imrei shufer. We send our boys there its amazing, absolutely the best school in town

Do they have a good english curriculum?

blad

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 7:40 pm
The English department in imrei shefer is the very best you could find in a heimish cheder.

wereafamily

Post Thu, May 21 2015, 11:07 am
Anyone here send to Vien?

amother
Silver

Post Fri, May 22 2015, 12:11 am
Yes. I do. Actually, the menahel was one foot out way before the new hanhala took over. He only came to the Cheder twice a week and basically the cheder was wad being run by the segan menahel for the basic day to day situations. The administrator left, he was not kicked out. I think that chassidus politics is to blame for that.
Right now the new administration is learning the ropes and it'll take some time for them to really get the hang of it but the cheder is running. The new menahel is a well respected individual who keeps a low profile yet is doing a fantastic job.

amother
Olive

Post Fri, May 22 2015, 1:47 am
The Menahel was not one foot out, he was fully inn. He put into place his ideas, structure & curriculum, the sgan, the Melamdim all know ecxectly what is expected from them, as in many companies the boss don't need to come in everyday. Btw in 2 days he put in as many hours the new Menahel is putting in the whole Week. If the new Menahel would at least respect the years of knowledge & work of the old Menahel, and not destroy it, than we would be in a better place.
The new Menahel is a "respected individual" . so you might ask him an eitzoh and even give him a kvitel, but he was never a Melamed or Sgan Menahel. The sense between some Melamdim is, do what you want because the Menahel don't know what's doing

amother
Silver

Post Fri, May 22 2015, 8:22 am
Olive-- I'm sorry that we differ in opinion. I assumed that posting here will lead to controversy but chose to do so anyway. There were some parents in the parent body who were wild over The menahel and everything he had to offer - yet many felt that there was no one to talk to. From a business stand point, every company is at its best performance when the boss is present. Rabbi Rottenberg definitey did his shape the cheder. However over the last few years he was running additional jobs simultaneously. The situation for the talmidim and parent body was far from ideal!
And this is not a business, it's a cheder, a treasure box that holds yiddeshe nishamos!
I agree with the fact that the new menahel may not have had prior experience in this field. Yet he is the menahel ruchni - he is someone that the boys can look up to, and respect. He speaks to them with dignity and respect. Unfortunately, there was an apparent issue in this regard and in the beginning of the year my boys came home saying that they already see a improvement in this area.
My boys are in the cheder system and I can tell you that in all the years, this is the first year that each of them Baruch HaShem had a really smooth year.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics