Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
NYC to Toronto Places to stop/vacation on the way
1  2  Next

amother
Mint

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 9:20 am
Have a wedding the end of June in Toronto. Would like to leave a few days earlier and make it into a getaway with my husband. Looking for places to stop on the way for a day or two. We did Niagara twice so wouldn't mind doing something else. Also whats nice to do in Toronto?

doctorima

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 12:22 pm
Finger Lakes area is gorgeous, lots of waterfalls, lakes, natural beauty. Also look at Watkins Glen, and Corning. Scranton has some sort of mine you can tour. If you want more urban, there are things to do in Buffalo, Syracuse, and Binghamton, or Albany if you go all the way up the Thruway.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 4:28 pm
Thanks doctorima. Will look into them. Anyone else with suggestions?

yenny

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 11:07 pm
Niagara on the lake is a quaint little town to check out. You can rent bikes and ride along the Niagara river, gorgeous. Horse and buggy ride around the town. And beautiful hotels.

amother
Mint

Post Thu, May 21 2015, 12:26 pm
Thanks. Any other ideas?

amother
Coral

Post Thu, May 21 2015, 12:30 pm
Lake George is a nice combo of fun and nature, but it can get pretty crowded with Jews in the summer. Lake Placid a beautiful place to do nature-related activities. You can also tour Olympic Village, where the Olympics were held.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 12:36 pm
Thanks. More ideas please?

amother
Mint

Post Thu, May 28 2015, 5:16 pm
bump

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, May 28 2015, 5:32 pm
We went to Corning Glass Factory and only had a short time as we arrived in the later afternoon. I would have liked a whole day there! It's quite fascinating, you can watch someone making small glass figurines and others making large pieces.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Jun 07 2015, 8:06 pm
OP here. So thinking of stoping by Corning on the way and then staying the night in Buffalo or if there is minyan already in Niagara them going there. Can anyone give me ideas what to do by Niagara on the Lake? We already did the regulars at Niagara but if anyone have any interesting things would do Niagara also?

Would also like to spend the day of the wedding in Toronto. Whats interesting to do in toronto? Also does anyone know of any good hotels in Toronto?

Any suggestion where we can stop on the way home?

Thanks everyone.

doctorima

Post Sun, Jun 07 2015, 8:16 pm
Niagara on the Lake - rent bikes and ride the bike path - beautiful! You can even bike all the way to Niagara Falls proper and drop off the bikes at the rental store's other location, and I think they'll shuttle you back. Also walk around the main strip where the cute shops are.

yenny

Post Sun, Jun 07 2015, 8:57 pm
There is a horse and buggy ride around the town, beautiful. The town is so quaint that walking around was nice. And doctorima wrote just what I wanted.

lech lecha08

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 3:21 am
Watkin's Glen has some nice hiking trails.
Syracuse has some attraction too: canal museum, the lake

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 4:29 pm
Where can you find a minyan between Toronto and NY/NJ?
I know there are universities, possibly with minyanim, in places like Ithaca and Syracuse and Binghampton, but not in the summer.

Anyone found good ideas?

Mrs. Annie

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 4:34 pm
Is the beginning of the way the same as to Montreal?

doctorima

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 5:00 pm
Scranton has year-round minyanim. Beyond that, I would think that at least one of Ithaca, Binghamton, and Syracuse might have, but you'd have to call to find out. There's also Albany if you head up that direction.

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 8:18 pm
amother wrote:
Where can you find a minyan between Toronto and NY/NJ?
I know there are universities, possibly with minyanim, in places like Ithaca and Syracuse and Binghampton, but not in the summer.

Anyone found good ideas?

OP here. We are thinking of going to Buffalo for minyan. I think there is also minyan in Rochester.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 8:22 pm
There are many minyanim in Rochester. Well many is pushing it but you can find at least 2. Try the yeshiva or BHH

MMCH

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 8:23 pm
there is a daily minyan in Young Isreal of Buffalo.
105 maple road.

I second Niagara on the lake! its really beautiful there.
I dont know if you like antiquing, but there are some really beautiful antique shops in Buffalo,
There are nice outlet malls in Niagara.
Watkins Glens is really beautiful as well Letchworth State Park.

sky

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 8:26 pm
As others said
Letchworth State Park
Watkins Glen
are both magnifecent
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics