Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Which Boro Park bank should I switch to?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 6:08 pm
I have an account at Citibank for the last several years, however am looking to switch banks due to the outrageously high monthly checking fees. They currently charge me $25 each month. Otherwise, I am really happy with their service and the features they offer, and am looking for a bank that can give me all/most of those features, with free checking, or significantly lower monthly fees.

1. Preferably have a branch on 13th Avenue
2. Linked savings account in which I can easily transfer money from checking to savings, and vice versa, preferably even online or via their app.
3. Ability to set up automatic transfers from checking to savings at set times, such as weekly. And if the balance in the checking is too low, will not transfer, thereby no overdraft fees. (Citibank won't allow the transfer if not enough money in the account to cover it.)
4. Inexpensive international wire fees. Citibank charges $35, but at least one bank quoted a $50 fee. Bonus if the wire can be done online or via app. (Most of the banks I asked said it needs to be done in person.)
5. Bonus: A bank that will give a one-time or ongoing bonus cash back for setting up direct deposit or online bill payment.

I can't see myself stopping into the 15 or so banks on 13th Avenue to compare rates and features (and actually remembering the differences), so please share what you love/like/dislike about your banks to help me make a decision.
At this time, an online bank such as Capital One 360 or Simple is not an option. TIA!

gp2.0

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 6:24 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
I have an account at Citibank for the last several years, however am looking to switch banks due to the outrageously high monthly checking fees. They currently charge me $25 each month. Otherwise, I am really happy with their service and the features they offer, and am looking for a bank that can give me all/most of those features, with free checking, or significantly lower monthly fees.

I like chase bank. Their checking fee is $12. Free if you have a large amount of money in combined checking and savings.

1. Preferably have a branch on 13th Avenue - yes
2. Linked savings account in which I can easily transfer money from checking to savings, and vice versa, preferably even online or via their app. - they have this option
3. Ability to set up automatic transfers from checking to savings at set times, such as weekly. And if the balance in the checking is too low, will not transfer, thereby no overdraft fees. (Citibank won't allow the transfer if not enough money in the account to cover it.) - yes to the automatic transfers, not sure about overdraft.
4. Inexpensive international wire fees. Citibank charges $35, but at least one bank quoted a $50 fee. Bonus if the wire can be done online or via app. (Most of the banks I asked said it needs to be done in person.) don't know
5. Bonus: A bank that will give a one-time or ongoing bonus cash back for setting up direct deposit or online bill payment. I think so

I can't see myself stopping into the 15 or so banks on 13th Avenue to compare rates and features (and actually remembering the differences), so please share what you love/like/dislike about your banks to help me make a decision.
At this time, an online bank such as Capital One 360 or Simple is not an option. TIA!

gp2.0

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 6:27 pm
Yes, Chase allows wire transfers online.

You can google all this information, no need to go into 15 banks and talk to them. That's what the Internet is for.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 6:28 pm
If you get direct deposit from your employer to your bank account, you chase checking account will be free.

miri15

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 6:32 pm
Chase (13/48) has most of the options that you're looking for depending on the type of account that you set up. Stop in to talk to an account manager and see which option ill work the best for you.

silly

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 6:43 pm
we r happy with chase
they r very good

runninglate

Post Thu, Jun 11 2015, 7:20 pm
ra_mom wrote:
If you get direct deposit from your employer to your bank account, you chase checking account will be free.
It's also free if you have a balance of at least fifteen hundred dollars.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries