Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Bayswater, NY

amother

Post Tue, May 24 2011, 4:49 am
Could someone please tell me what you know about the community in Bayswater? We are looking to move to either Bayswater or Woodmere. I would like Woodmere but I want to raise my kids in a more heimishe environment. Or any other suggestions for a nice place to move? Thanks

manyhats

Post Tue, May 24 2011, 6:31 am
Bayswater is a nice area. Great place to raise kids.

Both a cousin and a good friend live there.

Why not arrange to spend a Shabbos there, with your family.

Mabe fellow Imamother lives there.

Perhaps a Rabbi from a local shul can arrange a place for you to stay.

There is a Young Israel as well as other shuls.

Best of luck.

amother

Post Tue, May 24 2011, 7:13 am
We live in Bayswater and love it! If you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

amother

Post Tue, May 24 2011, 9:00 am
We live in bayswater and LOVE it. (we lived in far rockaway before and it was not our cop of tea) Bayswater is more "out of town" than far rockaway. It tends to have more of a mixed crowd. there ARE more non jews but they don't cause any trouble. Different blocks have different feels but all of it is warm and open. I found that after living here for 3 weeks in knew more neighbors than I did living in another from area doe 3 months! there is also a wide range of shuls. Chasiddish, Aguda, Young Israel, Sephardi, Yeminite and then a few in between with there own special flair. honestly a place for everyone Smile

We would happily host a family wanting to visit the are I just really don't want to give away my screen name ot the world as to where we live.... maybe a moderator can put us together is you would like?

amother

Post Tue, May 24 2011, 9:00 am
We live in bayswater and LOVE it. (we lived in far rockaway before and it was not our cop of tea) Bayswater is more "out of town" than far rockaway. It tends to have more of a mixed crowd. there ARE more non jews but they don't cause any trouble. Different blocks have different feels but all of it is warm and open. I found that after living here for 3 weeks in knew more neighbors than I did living in another from area doe 3 months! there is also a wide range of shuls. Chasiddish, Aguda, Young Israel, Sephardi, Yeminite and then a few in between with there own special flair. honestly a place for everyone Smile

We would happily host a family wanting to visit the are I just really don't want to give away my screen name ot the world as to where we live.... maybe a moderator can put us together is you would like?

amother

Post Tue, May 31 2011, 5:47 pm
We are looking to move to Bayswater after the summer--does anybody know of any rentals--either houses or apartments

TIA

amother

Post Tue, May 31 2011, 8:08 pm
amother wrote:
We are looking to move to Bayswater after the summer--does anybody know of any rentals--either houses or apartments

TIA

Subscribe to the yahoo group: frumbayswater.com
You can post an inquiry there or read other posts about the neighborhood.

amother

Post Tue, May 31 2011, 8:23 pm
I live here and personally its not my choice of places to live. there are a lot of colored pple nearby and its too quiet and far out for me. if you do move however I wouldnt mind making a new friend so post when u move here.

amother

Post Tue, May 31 2011, 8:25 pm
Different amother here.
We are also considering Bayswater. What's the matzav with the schooling there? My son is going into first grade.

amother

Post Tue, May 31 2011, 8:30 pm
[quote="amother"][quote="amother"]We are looking to move to Bayswater after the summer--does anybody know of any rentals--either houses or apartments

TIA[/quote]

Subscribe to the yahoo group: frumbayswater.com
You can post an inquiry there or read other posts about the neighborhood.[/quote]

I did but did not get any responses really so I figured maybe you guys have heard of something before it een gets posted!

amother

Post Fri, Jun 10 2011, 12:13 pm
Is the yahoo group just for Bayswater or for Far Rockaway as well? Or should I start a seperate thread on Far Rockaway? Thanks.

amother

Post Fri, Jun 10 2011, 1:11 pm
that yahoo group is just for bayswater... there is another for all the five towns and far rockaway 9including bayswater) that you can join as well (fivetownsshuls)

I will say we Do have a lot of "coloreds" here as one posted so horribly put it. for the most part they are good nice people just like anyone else.. they are paying the same rent and or mortgages I am. I have honestly never had a problem.

As for apartments. I know of a couple but the ones I know of are because they are listed on bayswater shuls of Five towns shuls. If you want ones not listed someone very good to contact is joe Hersch. he is in reality in the area but for apartments does not take a fee and does it a chessed.

amother

Post Fri, Jun 10 2011, 1:12 pm
same amother as above.. as far as schools its VERY mixed.. I know we have a LOT of darchei, tag, bby and siach kids... but I also know of some yeshiva ketana and south shore as well..

Yakira

Post Tue, Jun 28 2011, 8:57 pm
Im LOLing that everyone here is amother. I guess living in Bayswater is that embaressing Smile.

We moved here about a year ago, also from FR. Its definitely more community-oriented than FR and many other places in NYC. People here are chilled out and laidback and friend. The amother is right, it is near 'colored' folks and for me its actually somewhat depressing when driving home from the Five Towns or another area. Its surrounded by the projects and it almost feels grimy and dirty when you first come in. As you get more into the neighborhood, it gets prettier and more suburban. Some blocks and homes have beautiful water views.

It is quiet as well here....its one of the issues I haev with it. Theres little going on in Bayswater itself and most events, schools, stores, etc are in FR or Five Towns. WHich makes it harder to meet people I find....the best way to meet others is through shul and your block and that is luck and partially going to be your husbands decision. Our block is a little dead which I'm not thrilled about but our home is big and beautiful and more affordable because of it Smile.

Kids go to various schools in FR and Five Towns and there is a mix of people. I find there are a lot of sorta-ex-real-chassidishe and a lot of Israelis and both of those groups are somewhat more insular and into their own chevra. But still friendly enough.
But there really are all types.

Anyway PM me for more info or if you want to spend shabbos here. We can have an imamother meet with all anonymous people!

superjew

Post Wed, Feb 27 2013, 11:03 pm
bump, curious to see what people think about this area at this time.

user2

Post Sun, Jul 05 2015, 11:50 pm
2 years later... I still think bayswaters a great place to live. I grew up in BW, would love to live there, however dh prefers his hometown.. theres nothing like the fresh air, bays breeze, relaxing on the lawn, the peaceful quiet... especially after a looong day spent in busy, crowded brooklyn.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating