Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Whats the best big Counter Depth Refrigerator?

Mevater

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 3:04 pm
Whats the best (longest lasting and relatively problem free) Counter Depth Refrigerator, the bigger the better?

What are pros and cons of refrigerators w panels for matching doors?

TIA

mommyla

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 3:38 pm
Counter depth fridges are expensive! That said, if cost is not a problem, Sub Zero is your best bet.

I happen to like the contrast between cabinets and appliances so I personally would not panel a fridge, but if you like the look, a panel-ready fridge will cost more too (and you'll need to spend more on the doors, possibly a custom size as well). Repairs can be more difficult and expensive with a paneled appliance, and you'll have to repanel if your fridge dies before you're ready to redo your cabinets, which can be hard (you may not be able to get your doors anymore at that point, and new doors will not match the existing ones due to wear and tear).

Mevater

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 10:55 am
Im not going the Sub Zero route, bec theyre double or three times the money of other counter depth refrigerators. I probably will go with a regular stainless counter depth refrigerator, either french doors or side by side.

Which is considered the best quality among them (stainless counter depth refrigerator, either french doors or side by side)?

And whats the most maintenance free not counter depth large side by side stainless fridge?

TIA

chanee

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 11:52 am
I would Also like to know. I'll be watching this thread. To answer, I think there's from Electrolux a French door counter depth fridge that should be very easy to clean and with smooth drawers.

Mevater

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 12:50 pm
chanee wrote:
I would Also like to know. I'll be watching this thread. To answer, I think there's from Electrolux a French door counter depth fridge that should be very easy to clean and with smooth drawers.

Amazon ratings for Electrolux fridges are very poor.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr.....41011

chanee

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 1:36 pm
Mevater wrote:
Amazon ratings for Electrolux fridges are very poor.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr.....41011

I saw there around 20 bad reviews and some positive. I know of 3 people with that fridge who are very happy after like 2 to 4 years. Someone did actually complain that it rarely shuts down for no reason and works again after resetting back on.

Mevater

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 2:51 pm
Truthfully Im no longer considering counter depth because someone at Town said you lose lots of space. Hes gotten back brand new refrigerators from customers who bought counter depth and were sorry. They took a loss and bought not counter depth. I guess if you have room for a big fridge somewhere else nearby it would be ok.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics