Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
When do day camps end in lakewood?

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 12:51 pm
I will be moving to Lakewood mid-August and I'm wondering if I should send my kids to day camp. I haven't even looked around yet, but I'm just curious when most day camps finish for the summer. If it will only be a week, then its not worth sending.

kollel wife

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 1:22 pm
I don't have a calendar to check, but you might want to check around with neighbors in the area you'll be moving to - small backyards camp - even. It'll be helpful for unpacking, no? Even if it's just a week.

summer0808

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 1:26 pm
backyard daycamps are also great for the kids getting to know the kids in the neighborhood. that's helpful only if its a very neighborhood camp. Across the road may be local but not local enough for this purpose.

School is starting very early, about 9/1. boys are starting a week earlier. MOst daycamps will end by 8/21

be good

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 8:10 pm
I don'tt know their ages or personalities, (or what your needs might be,) but your children will have many adjustments to make right after a move; new house, new neighbors, new school, new friends. You might want to consider keeping them home so they don't have the camp adjustment on top of everything else.

B'hatzlacha!

sourstix

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 9:06 pm
you need to know your kids if they would be ok going to a camp ontop of everything new. I think you should first move and then take it by air. what are the neighbors doing? they can tell you what is avail. you cant tell from now.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers