Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Do I offer to pay for the shoes?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Jul 16 2015, 5:14 pm
I have a 2 year old playgroup and one of the grandmothers asked me what size shoe my son wears, being that she bought a pair for her grandson while on vacation and they are too small for him. she sent the shoes over today and they fit perfectly. the boys father said "im glad they fit enjoy them!" when he gave them to us this morning. my question is, do I need to offer to pay for them or is it understood as a gift?

zaq

Post Thu, Jul 16 2015, 5:21 pm
It is a gift by default, but it would be polite to offer to pay for them. If the grandmother is equally polite, she will refuse.

cfriedman2

Post Thu, Jul 16 2015, 9:19 pm
Theyre a gift, send a thankyou note and maybe a batch of cookies for shabbos

hinenimuchan

Post Thu, Jul 16 2015, 9:32 pm
Clearly a gift...you should not offer to pay. They explained that they could not use them and are truly happy that you can. If they had wanted to sell them they would have done that (or tried to)!

WriterMom

Post Thu, Jul 16 2015, 10:41 pm
Totally a gift. But as an unsolicited gift from a stranger, it would be a nice touch, as cfriedman said, to send a note and/or baking or similar.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, Jul 17 2015, 2:23 pm
oooooh I love the idea of baking something for them and sending a nice note. I usually send them challahs on friday but maybe I can whip up some cookies or something. great idea
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette