Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Have a corner sink? Do you regret it? Many do.
Previous  1  2

sourstix

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 7:37 pm
I had a corner, but I did not hate it. I really couldnt reach alot of stuff except the first shelf.and not too deap either. I couldnt clean in back either. but I managed. I didnt hate it though I did like my kitchen. today I dont have a corner and I am happier. though I have a problem with my corner cabinet I still cant reach more then the first shelf and not deap anyway, the second one forget about it. so I guess for my height it will always be a problem. I put lazy suzans there so it helps somewhat. cant have everything.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 7:59 pm
sourstix wrote:
I had a corner, but I did not hate it. I really couldnt reach alot of stuff except the first shelf.and not too deap either. I couldnt clean in back either. but I managed. I didnt hate it though I did like my kitchen. today I dont have a corner and I am happier. though I have a problem with my corner cabinet I still cant reach more then the first shelf and not deap anyway, the second one forget about it. so I guess for my height it will always be a problem. I put lazy suzans there so it helps somewhat. cant have everything.

Isnt the best reason to put the sinks in the corner because corner cabinets are not that great for storage access a n y h o w because of the depth, and sinks fill those cabinets with pipes, in the under the sink cabinet? So youre taking a problem area and putting your pipes there.

saw50st8

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 8:32 pm
I like my corner sinks. We have 2 dishwashers and use them 99% of the time, so our sinks are more to store extra dirty dishes until we can rerun the next load :-)

All things being equal, if I had a huge kitchen and space wasn't a premium, I wouldn't put the sinks in the corner. But if your space is limited, it's a great use of space. I wouldn't put a cooktop next to the sink though.

mommyhood

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 8:56 pm
amother wrote:
Is this what you mean, a rack for drying dishes? If yes, you can get this telescoping dish rack for about $20. online and use it for any sink.

No, not like that. It's a Franke brand sink but I can't find the model. It goes in slightly halfway up the sink so you can put a rack like the type you put at the bottom of a sink higher up and use that for pareve. he rack goes across the entire sink not just a part.

MiracleMama

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 9:57 pm
I'm renting a house now with a corner sink. It would be great if only they had been smarter about the placement of the dishwasher. When I open the dishwasher I can't stand at the sink anymore.

mommyla

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 10:32 pm
mommyhood wrote:
No, not like that. It's a Franke brand sink but I can't find the model. It goes in slightly halfway up the sink so you can put a rack like the type you put at the bottom of a sink higher up and use that for pareve. he rack goes across the entire sink not just a part.

It's this:

There are several Franke sinks like this, with an integral ledge. You rest a rack on the ledge so that you can have two "layers" of dishes on top of each other but not touching.

I personally hated my corner sink and I can't imagine having a D-shaped sink, I find them impractical.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen