Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Molars!

amother
Apricot

Post Sat, Jul 18 2015, 5:49 pm
My 12 month old is cutting 2 molars. (2 already have parts visible.) Nights have been crazy. She has been waking up a lot and screaming. She also has had loose diapers for the past 2 weeks.

Any tips? The loose diapers are especially b/c they often leak. They also create rashes if she has one in the middle of the night and doesn't wake me up immediately.

I give her Tylenol when she really can't sleep. Do numbing gels help? What type should I buy? Any other tricks/tips/ideas?

alittlebirdie

Post Sat, Jul 18 2015, 6:00 pm
I don't find that numbing gels are helpful. My baby is also cutting her molars. It's not fun she also had thhe loose and leaky diapers, rash, and kvechy. No tips but I feel for you. It repeats itself every few weeks when the next ones come in. Hang in there it will be over soon.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sat, Jul 18 2015, 6:04 pm
We're at exactly the same age and stage! 2 Molars poking through, shabbos was awful - he screamed the whole day, night was okay but not excellent. Tylenol didn't help. Getting teething gel tomorrow. With his last teeth, a friend lent me some teething gel and it worked immediately!

Today we actually put a little drop of whiskey on his gums and he didn't scream at all for the rest of the day, but I don't recommend or advise that.

amother
Apricot

Post Sat, Jul 18 2015, 6:10 pm
amother wrote:
We're at exactly the same age and stage! 2 Molars poking through, shabbos was awful - he screamed the whole day, night was okay but not excellent. Tylenol didn't help. Getting teething gel tomorrow. With his last teeth, a friend lent me some teething gel and it worked immediately!

Today we actually put a little drop of whiskey on his gums and he didn't scream at all for the rest of the day, but I don't recommend or advise that.

Ya, Tylenol doesn't always work over here. Maybe I should get more Ibuprofen. I just don't like to give so much medicine. Yet, she can't sleep and has crying spells during the day. She went to the doctor a week ago b/c of the diapers and doctor didn't find any ear infections or anything else concerning b"H.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 7:25 pm
Ahhh, still teething! The diapers have settled down a little bit, but still often get crazy ones. Ibuprofen helps. T-gel doesn't seem to do anything. (Oh and she especially hates the taste.) What should I do? I'm trying not to give too much medicine, but some nights are just crazy. Maybe I'll ask my doctor how much medicine is safe to give a week.

How long does it take? Her molars are not nearly all the way in. Is it going to be like this for months?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics