Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Do you have a heter to put on shabbos makeup? How to do it?
Previous  1  2  3

Do you put makeup on Shabbos?
Yes, with a heter. What is it?  
 10%  [ 6 ]
Yes, without a heter.  
 48%  [ 28 ]
No, tried couldnt get a heter  
 41%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 58

youngishbear

Post Sat, Aug 15 2015, 10:38 pm
amother wrote:
It's really not so simple with the Shabbos makeup. I bought a lot of a while ago but when I asked my Rav who is very mainstream he wasn't wild about it. Many Rabbanim hold that's it's not okay- everyone really does need to ask a Rav about it. It's definitely preferable to just put on long lasting makeup before hand- although it's much mess confortable!
I bought an isreali brand of lipstick that has a lipstick on one end and a lip lock on the other- it's like plaster! I have to even blot it on Shabbos so pple don't think that I applied it on Shabbos! I'm sure it's full of garbage chemicals so I only use it on Shabbos. It's amazing! It stays on for days! I also have a great foundation from LancĂ´me that really stays on for over 24 hours. But I do sleep on my back and drink through a straw! Sigh- what women do for vanity!

The lipstick is probably careline. It's the least drying of all such long lasting things I've tried, and they have a color that works for me.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Aug 17 2015, 12:31 pm
Heter? No.

I use on shabbes make up I can use on shabbes.

I don't own any "shabbes make up".

sunny90

Post Mon, Aug 17 2015, 3:14 pm
I put on slightly heavier makeup on Friday, and wear glasses to sleep on Friday night so my eye makeup stays on. I don't put on makeup on Shabbos.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Aug 18 2015, 12:03 am
There are plenty of people that put on regular make up on Shabbos. I guess it is that important to them. I tried many different varieties of long lasting lipstick, gloss, etc and I haven't found the one that will last all weekend. I wish I did!

def

Post Tue, Aug 18 2015, 4:07 am
Revlon ColorStay works really well for me
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions