Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Health Care 101

amother

Post Mon, May 07 2007, 8:12 pm
The company that my husband works for changed insurances to Empire Blue Cross Direct HMO, effective immediately. What does this mean? Is it possible to go to a doctor that is not on the plan? Till now I have always had PPO insurance types and was able to choose my own doctor. My childrens pediatrician is on the plan but my OB/GYN is not.

Does anyone have this insurance? Any advice on what is covered and what is not? Help!

Posting as amother because this post would give me away to some people on this site

amother

Post Mon, May 07 2007, 10:26 pm
I have that insurance. What do you mean what's covered?
For preg, all was covered but the first $25 copay.

amother

Post Mon, May 07 2007, 10:45 pm
Thanks for the response. I meant in the case that I go to a doctor that is not on the plan, does that mean that nothing is covered, or is less covered?

amother

Post Mon, May 07 2007, 10:54 pm
I would assume it's not covered.
But some insurances have an exception that if you're under OB care prior to switching, you are allowed to continue seeing the doctor. Why don't you call customer service? They'll let you know everything. The number's on the back of your card, or if you don't have that yet, www.empireblue.com

DefyGravity

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 10:35 am
I hope you're not just planning on getting info about your insurance plan from a message board. You should definitely call up Blue Cross and discuss all your concerns with them.

newmom

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 10:44 am
Call the plan-they should have all the answers you are seeking. It doesn't matter what others will tell you on here.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics