Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Padded Bra vs ... not?

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 7:41 pm
I've been opting for padded bras for quite some time to avoid showing through. But I feel like there must be a better option - but what?

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 8:00 pm
Nipple shields?
Way better idea especially since the shape / fit of a regular bra isn't comparable to a padded bra.

ruby slippers

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 8:19 pm
never thought I would go for a padded bra, but tried one on that had a very thin padding and it was awesome- no more worrying if everyone else knew I was cold. Very Happy

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 8:28 pm
Linen or linen-mix jacket of the blazer kind?

Amarante

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 8:32 pm
There are bras that aren't really padded but are made of a heavier material with slight lining. Sometimes theynare called t shirt bras I think. I wear them and they don't add size the way a padded bra would which is intended to add at least a full cup,size.

shlomki

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 9:07 pm
I used to wear these little silicon petals which worked wonders but I found once I got pregnant I suddenly got crazy itchy in the whole chest area from them. I just tried going back to them since I was using regular nursing pads the past year and I found myself once again scratching like crazy... I went back to my padded bras even though they make me look bigger...
If your not allergic to silicon- the petals are the best

blushy

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 10:55 pm
Lily padz are awesome. I don't wear them every day, because, like shlomki mentioned, they can irritate your skin after a while, since skin needs to breathe. But its a good option.

Iymnok

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 4:23 am
My sister tried little bandaids.
Bali makes some with petals inside. They may be slightly padded though.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 5:10 am
The frum lingerie stores sell a pad/liner that goes inside your bra and prevents showing through but it isn't super thick. Looks almost like a thin shoulder pad.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 5:23 am
amother wrote:
The frum lingerie stores sell a pad/liner that goes inside your bra and prevents showing through but it isn't super thick. Looks almost like a thin shoulder pad.

That's what I was trying to describe in terms of my bras being layers with a thin material. Much more convenient than dealing with a separate liner.

smss

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 9:37 am
Molded bras. They have a very very thin layer of foam that works for this purpose but doesn't add bulk.

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 9:44 am
I don't wear any padding at all and my nipples don't show through. I'm flat chested, so maybe that helps.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 10:04 am
amother wrote:
I don't wear any padding at all and my nipples don't show through. I'm flat chested, so maybe that helps.

Did you ever breastfeed? I never used to show through but after breastfeeding my nipples became huge and I now wear a padded bra or nursing pads

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 10:36 am
amother wrote:
Did you ever breastfeed? I never used to show through but after breastfeeding my nipples became huge and I now wear a padded bra or nursing pads

No, I don't have children yet. So it's probably also a consideration.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics