Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Career advice in Israel

dbw

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 11:04 am
Working from home in Israel, supporting my family @ $10 an hr. I need to do something with a higher earning potential. I've just finished my BA online degree in Liberal Studies and hoping to earn a graduate degree so I can up my job/earning prospects. But with my earnings as they are I can't pay for a graduate degree. Any ideas for an online work/study or fellowship I can do from Israel that would offer a grant. I'm still not sure what area I want to pursue but it can't be in the Math/Science area. Or any other ideas what fields would qualify me for jobs that would be online/telecommute friendly.

LisaS

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 3:31 pm
My husband had 40% of his tuition for retraining covered by misrad haaliya. I think we had been in the country for 5-6 years at that point. Speak to misrad haaliya and see what grants you qualify for.

LisaS

Post Wed, Sep 02 2015, 3:33 pm
And the first thing that comes to mind for a non-math/science person is technical writing. Yes it is field flooded with anglos, but that's because it's easy to break into and has reasonable training programs. If you don't mind the instability you can freelance.

LisaS

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 5:40 am
One more thought - graphic design is also work that can be done from home. But again, that means being your own boss with unpredictable amount of work each month. Most graphic artists are very aesthetically inclined, but I have a friend who is successful and isn't so artsy. She just gets work done quickly and does a lot of work for people who don't need the most amazing invitation/business card ever. They just need something pretty good.

What are you naturally good at? Are you a people's person? Are you especially organized?

Are you limited to working from home?

fluffernutter

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 5:53 am
I've heard people suggest Medical Billing but I don't know anything about it...

EBY

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 9:44 am
check out janglo.com. There was a post yesterday for legal transcription which included a course. I have heard that the pay is pretty good....

EBY

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 12:24 pm
oops.... it's .net

here's the post http://www.janglo.net/index.ph.....70337

good luck!

sa613

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 12:32 pm
If you don't mind my asking, what work are you doing now for $10/ hr?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics