Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Absent minded stories...

yoyosma

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 5:10 pm
I am not the absent minded type at all, but this morning I did something really stupid that I had to share so you can all laugh at me Smile.

I had an appointment with my baby so I get all ready, take all neccessary paperwork that I had to scramble and find this morning, call a car service to take me to Boro Park, pack the diaper bag, go outside, get into the car, strap in baby, Snap N Go in the trunk, shut the door, pull out paper for directions and see: Appointment, May 9, 10 am.
I think to myself, today is May 8.

I say, "Sorry sir, but my appointment is tomorrow. Please let me out!"
He wasnt upset, he said at least we hadnt driven off yet. I am so embaressed! But its still funny!

Anyone else want to share an absent minded or embarressing moment?

justanothermother

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 5:16 pm

Last edited by justanothermother on Sun, Mar 02 2008, 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

yoyosma

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 5:21 pm
LOL That is really funny!!
Last week my baby was teething terribly and I ran to the grocery store and the cashier was commenting on how good my baby usually is, I was agreeing with her, getting my groceries and rocking the bags as I pushed my stroller out..... It had been a long morning....

chocolate moose

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 5:27 pm
Oh, no ..................

really?

technic

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 5:32 pm
justanothermother u ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL

yOungM0mmy

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 5:40 pm
When I went to tipat chalav in israel the first time, I went me and baby, and thats it! diapers, babywipes, etc, but no ID, no birth certificate, no record book..... embarrassed

I also recently had an appointment at 2pm, and at 12:55 looked at the clock, and thought, I have to be there in 5 minutes. Jumped in the car, and then realised half way down the road that it was only 1pm.

justanothermother

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 5:42 pm

Last edited by justanothermother on Sun, Mar 02 2008, 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tefila

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 5:46 pm
I showed up dressed and all to a friends dd bat mitzvah a few weeks ago even had a speech ready since they wanted me to say a little something..............noone there........ I thought thats strange well after investigating, I found out that I arrived a few weeks too early embarrassed Rolling Eyes

shoy18

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 5:59 pm
HAHA tefilla, I have a story like that, we were planning to go to a food and wine show in the jewish museum I was very excited, and we paid already for the tickets. Dh was very ill that day with the flu, and I was so upset we couldn't go, I spent an hour on the phone with them explaining how we couldn't go and if we could be refunded, but to no avail no one would get back to us. DH's friend was also going to the show (Dh had told him about it), well his friend went and it was all locked up, guess what we were a week early no one bothered to check the date!!! We got to go the next week

As for normal absentmindedness (if thats a word) I have a terrible habit of leaving my packages in stores and dropping bags in the street before I get to my car. I recently bought a really nice headband that I wanted for a long time and I managed to loose it somewhere between the store and my car, it was the last one Sad

iamawife

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 6:46 pm
LOL U GUYS CRACK ME UP HER

yoyosma

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 6:56 pm
yoyosma wrote:
I am not the absent minded type at all, but this morning I did something really stupid that I had to share so you can all laugh at me Smile.

I had an appointment with my baby so I get all ready, take all neccessary paperwork that I had to scramble and find this morning, call a car service to take me to Boro Park, pack the diaper bag, go outside, get into the car, strap in baby, Snap N Go in the trunk, shut the door, pull out paper for directions and see: Appointment, May 9, 10 am.

He wasnt upset, he said at least we hadnt driven off yet. I am so embaressed! But its still funny!

PS- My neighbor sees me getting out of the car and says "wow, you must have accomplished so much today, you are already back!" Well, not so much.... Confused Tongue Out

ny21

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 7:05 pm
we once went to the lakewood hotel in Lakewood n.j for shabbos
after shabbos ,

we forgot to put the baby carriage in the car , and drove off.
we called the hotel and someone from our area brought it to us.

ny21

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 7:07 pm
on a road trip , I bought some ice cream and put my purse on top of the car.
and we drove off.
I discovered my purse was missing three states ago.
I had to cancel my credit cards . and I had a nice new camera in my bag.

Mitzvahmom

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 7:07 pm
I did this today...eeek

My daughter wanted to go to dance early, she was tired of being late...as we give another girl a ride. Her dance place on the way to picking up the other girl...but I drove right by the dance place onto pick up the girl, just out of habbit....

my daughter was angry, but told me it's ok your human..lol

Pickle Lady

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 9:41 pm
yoyosma wrote:
yoyosma wrote:

PS- My neighbor sees me getting out of the car and says "wow, you must have accomplished so much today, you are already back!" Well, not so much.... Confused Tongue Out

How did I miss this?

shanie5

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 11:26 pm
there are times when I drive on 'autopilot' and end up going to walmart instead of the bakery which is where I was headed...........
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics