Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Deliver at 38 weeks standard??

amother
Tangerine

Post Sat, Sep 05 2015, 10:13 pm
I'm having twins BH and my doctor only wants me to go to week 38. I was just wondering, if all is going well, is it a good idea to push the doctor to let me go longer. I would really like my body to go into labor as opposed to being induced. How likely is it that a doctor will change their protocol for a request. I know the research out there is controversial regarding letting twins go past 38 weeks. So far I've had no complications BH. What do all you twin moms have to say??

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sat, Sep 05 2015, 10:21 pm
I have two sets of twins. One set was born 6 weeks early, and the second barely made it into the ninth!

working hard

Post Sat, Sep 05 2015, 10:39 pm
I gave birth at 39 weeks and there was no talk of inducing me at 38. I know a number of people who had twins even later than me. I am not big into doing things because of protocal without a valid reason.

SS6099

Post Sat, Sep 05 2015, 11:03 pm
I was induced early. Dr would have let me go to 38 weeks maximum had I not had complications. Yes 38 weeks is quite standard.
Bshaah tova! Twins are wonderful albeit hard lol!

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 12:13 am
38 weeks is standard.

That being said, this is your body and you do not need to be bullied into anything you dont feel comfortable doing. This is something pregnant women can lose sight of, especially in large practices... BTDT

For a number of reasons, I did not want to be induced without a clear medical reason. The doctor could not give me a clear reason and wasnt willing to speak to me logically. So I didnt show up to be induced. I BH gave birth smoothly and naturally at 39+ weeks.

If you have good communication with your doctor and can have a reasonable discussion, talk it out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more