Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Undescended Testes

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 8:26 pm
My son was born with undescended testes. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Any advice and suggestions on the correct path to take???

Yes, I spoke with his doctor, but I also like to hear about other ppl's experiences.

Thanks.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 10:00 pm
My ds was born with one undecended testie. We saw a pediatric urologist, who operated in him when he was 9 months. In the surgery, he made a small incision near his belly button and another in the sac. He found the testie and pulled it down and secured it to where it's supposed to be. It's still much smaller than normal and probably won't produce much hormones or sperm. But it's dangerous to have just left it. Super quick recovery from the surgery. In and out same dat. If we had left it as is It could form cysts and turn cancerous, cvs. He has one normal testie and apparently one is really all you need - it will pick up the slack and produce extra hormones, etc. If there were to be any hormone issue, there's supplements. My son is a completely normal very sweet and rough and tough little boy, bH.

baschabad

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 10:17 pm
My son was born with undescended testes that came down within a few weeks. How old is your son?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 12:52 am
My son also was born born with it. We went to a pediatric urologist and he was great. We had to push the surgery off once because he was sick and had a diaper rash, but when we ended up doing it, it was a quick, in and out procedure, and he was fine by that night. I won't go into a detailed explanation because someone else already did that.
When you say you spoke with a doctor, do you mean the ped or a urologist?

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 1:13 am
amother wrote:
My ds was born with one undecended testie. We saw a pediatric urologist, who operated in him when he was 9 months. In the surgery, he made a small incision near his belly button and another in the sac. He found the testie and pulled it down and secured it to where it's supposed to be. It's still much smaller than normal and probably won't produce much hormones or sperm. But it's dangerous to have just left it. Super quick recovery from the surgery. In and out same dat. If we had left it as is It could form cysts and turn cancerous, cvs. He has one normal testie and apparently one is really all you need - it will pick up the slack and produce extra hormones, etc. If there were to be any hormone issue, there's supplements. My son is a completely normal very sweet and rough and tough little boy, bH.

Same story!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics