Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Bugaboo or uppababh vista
1  2  Next

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 5:44 pm
I'm desperate for a new carriage, but can't decide btwn these 2.
Any input would be appreciated. So far the pros of the bugaboo I hear is:
1. Very light 21lbs
2. Sleek & pretty
3. U can interchange canopy covers.
The pros of the uppababh:
1: price is not cheap, but cheaper than bugaboo.
2: huge under basket.
3 taller carriage. I'm to the taller side.
I'm really torn btwn these 2, & since this is so much money, I really want to be sure w/ my decision.
Also, does any one know of stores, or online sites where I could get the best prices?

choco1

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 6:00 pm
Bugaboo bee or cameleon? (Or other) Pishposhbaby.com is great!

Happy18

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 6:05 pm
If you're tall get the vista. Plus it folds with the seat on and the basket is awesome. If you want a different canopy there are a bunch of places online that sell custom ones.

Anion7

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 6:31 pm
I got my vista from bed bath and beyond with 20% off coupon so it came out to around $688 instead of $860. Not all BBB accept the coupon for strollers so depends which store you go to and if you get a nice cashier. If this didn't work we would've bought it from Dainty Baby in Boro Park bc they gave us a price of $760 instead of $860.

tee312

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 6:58 pm
Always going to recommend a bugaboo very light and pushes amazingly

happyfaces

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 7:01 pm
If your tall don't go with a bee take the cameleon. Love mine.

amazingmommy

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 7:03 pm
I love !!! My vista! It's strong, folds easier, reclines easier, huge basket underneath, cheaper! ( go to baby world on 73rd and 15th, in Brooklyn,) it also can convert to a double,
Hatzlacha with ur decision:)!

tymama

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 7:25 pm
I love my vista too!! good points- bassinet is sturdy; easy to push; very comfy for baby (no complaints); basket is huge; easy to fold
Bad- very heavy.
Totally recommend it

Rosemarie

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 8:19 pm
I can't say I recommend the vista. I actually had both. Got a chameleon for my first and thenn the vista as a double. It had all the qualities listed above, but it was not durable. The tire bent out of shape, from regular use. The handle bar seems to be coming apart where the semas meet, as does another part of the seat frame. The seat fabric won't stay on right, but sags from the top. I could go on. And my experience with their customer service was very poor. When I called about the seat coming apart at the seams they said since I am a month past the warranty date, I can just buy a new seat for a few hundred dollars, not what I want to hear on a $800 carriage. And they were only offering to sell me a later model seat that wouldn't fit perfectly with my frame but would have to be jiggled to click on.
Perhaps its just the fact that I had an earlier model, but my experience was not good. I got the first model that came with the rumbleseat. I know they made changes to the seat in later models. soaybe they also upgraded the quality.
I have my bugaboo almost 10 years now, have been using it most of that time. Customer service was great. Even after my warranty was up they still sent me parts for free when I called. By now I am due for a new carriage for my next baby as the condition isn't so perfect. But I am actually considering taking my bugaboo to a certified repair place to fix the one major issue I have with it. Then I won't need a new single. If I need a new double, I am in trouble because I dont know what I would get this time.

nnmom

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 10:14 pm
Another vote for the vista.
We had a vista for first baby then bugaboo donkey for when the second came. Huge basket on vista and easy fold was great and I miss that with the bugaboo

amazingmommy

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 10:17 pm
Rosemarie wrote:
I can't say I recommend the vista. I actually had both. Got a chameleon for my first and thenn the vista as a double. It had all the qualities listed above, but it was not durable. The tire bent out of shape, from regular use. The handle bar seems to be coming apart where the semas meet, as does another part of the seat frame. The seat fabric won't stay on right, but sags from the top. I could go on. And my experience with their customer service was very poor. When I called about the seat coming apart at the seams they said since I am a month past the warranty date, I can just buy a new seat for a few hundred dollars, not what I want to hear on a $800 carriage. And they were only offering to sell me a later model seat that wouldn't fit perfectly with my frame but would have to be jiggled to click on.
Perhaps its just the fact that I had an earlier model, but my experience was not good. I got the first model that came with the rumbleseat. I know they made changes to the seat in later models. soaybe they also upgraded the quality.
I have my bugaboo almost 10 years now, have been using it most of that time. Customer service was great. Even after my warranty was up they still sent me parts for free when I called. By now I am due for a new carriage for my next baby as the condition isn't so perfect. But I am actually considering taking my bugaboo to a certified repair place to fix the one major issue I have with it. Then I won't need a new single. If I need a new double, I am in trouble because I dont know what I would get this time.

Many people love the mountain buggy! It's narrow and wheels great!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 10:51 pm
I never considered the Bugaboo (too expensive for one thing) but I did get hte Uppababy because it can also convert to a double stroller. (You can actually attach the bassinet in the rumble seat spot with just an adaptor and not buy a second seat right away.)

You can get extra/alternate canopies and seat covers direct from Uppababy, though the colors are not as nice as Bugaboos and probably fewer options. (I never looked much into it but seems to me.)

Who makes custom covers for Uppababy? Happy18 can you tell me more?

Rosemarie

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 12:14 am
amazingmommy wrote:
Many people love the mountain buggy! It's narrow and wheels great!

I had a side by side double first, the citi elite. I couldn't handle how huge and clumsy it was, I felt like I was pushing a truck through the streets. I sold it and got the vista with the rumbleseat. I wonder if the small mountain buggy feels better. I know its definitely smaller, they used to have a regular big size one that was about as big as the citi elite (maybe they still do, I wouldn't know). The small one wasn't out yet when I had my first 2 and needed a double. Now I see everyone has it. Never tried it though. I guess I should borrow one and try it out a bit

amazingmommy

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 1:42 am
Rosemarie wrote:
I had a side by side double first, the citi elite. I couldn't handle how huge and clumsy it was, I felt like I was pushing a truck through the streets. I sold it and got the vista with the rumbleseat. I wonder if the small mountain buggy feels better. I know its definitely smaller, they used to have a regular big size one that was about as big as the citi elite (maybe they still do, I wouldn't know). The small one wasn't out yet when I had my first 2 and needed a double. Now I see everyone has it. Never tried it though. I guess I should borrow one and try it out a bit

Yes, also, there's a mountain buggy double that the seats are one in back of each other, it's even narrower, if that's a priority for you, I know they don't sell it locally in Brooklyn, but I guess check online?

amother
Turquoise

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 3:51 am
Look at the mutsy iGo. It's like bugaboo and uppabbay had a child. It's awesome.

bigblueyes

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 6:25 am
I adore my vista. Have the 2015 model and its fantastic. Its a bit big for the elevators in israel but thats the only con. I actually had avery good experiance with the customer service too.

soaraway

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 6:26 am
Actually looking into the Vista right now as well. Do you Vista owners find it super heavy? That's my main concern...

Happy18

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 8:48 am
amother wrote:
I never considered the Bugaboo (too expensive for one thing) but I did get hte Uppababy because it can also convert to a double stroller. (You can actually attach the bassinet in the rumble seat spot with just an adaptor and not buy a second seat right away.)

You can get extra/alternate canopies and seat covers direct from Uppababy, though the colors are not as nice as Bugaboos and probably fewer options. (I never looked much into it but seems to me.)

Who makes custom covers for Uppababy? Happy18 can you tell me more?

Check etsy.com

amother
Brunette

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 5:04 pm
On the double topic: the uppababy 2015 is ok as a double but my older kid is too tall and it's a bit squishy for a double. The donkey is a beast impossible to fold lift etc. the mountain buggy I thought was a bit too squishy for the toddler, maybe it's better for twins. There seems to be no great double!

Rosemarie

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 5:07 pm
amother wrote:
On the double topic: the uppababy 2015 is ok as a double but my older kid is too tall and it's a bit squishy for a double. The donkey is a beast impossible to fold lift etc. the mountain buggy I thought was a bit too squishy for the toddler, maybe it's better for twins. There seems to be no great double!

So agree! There are plenty of good options for singles, but every single double has something major wrong with it.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics