Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Do you have the Guts..... would u tell?
Previous  1  2  3  4

Ima'la

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 8:37 am
just found this thread and I am Rolling Laughter ....and of course now I have to post all my comments on the whole thing....

s/o once approached me in a children's clothing store in Yerushalayim and asked in Hebrew if I speak English....then they asked me what the words on a shirt meant. I was so impressed - good for them for making sure it didn't say a/t inappropriate!

When I was a young teen, I once walked almost all the way to shul with the back of my dress completely unzipped (it had a collar that went all the way around, so it felt closed on top - that's why I didn't realize)...b"H before I got there, a woman stopped me and zipped me...I was embarrassed but SO glad she caught me before I got to shul....reward for going early - the streets were pretty empty, so it was likely no one else saw.

Tefila, I know what you mean...chen, even if he could be thrown in jail for life for taking her things, sometimes you just feel dumb. "Officer, that bad man took my cookie! Waaahhhhh!!!" He was wrong, but whadaya gonna do?

Ima'la

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 8:38 am
just remembered another thing - when we were teens, if s/o's slip was showing, we would say, "It's snowing" (assumes slips are white) or "It's snowing in the south (bottom of your skirt)."

Ima'la

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 8:41 am
Oh, one more thing - not completely OT, but funny....the story about the woman whose son wiped his chocolatey hands on her reminded me of the time my mother brought my father's suit to the cleaners...she received a phone call from them at home: "Mrs. X, your husband had an ACCIDENT! We do NOT clean this kind of stain!" To which my mother responded with the truth: "My HUSBAND did not have an accident! The BABY leaked on his pants!" (I think it was just a wet diaper, btw.)

shoy18

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 8:50 am
I was in a store yesterday in the morning, and a woman behind actually said "your tag is sticking out" and tucked it in for me.. I guess she had the guts.. and I didn't mind at all

chen

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 9:24 am
I wouldn't tuck someone in myslef--I'd just let them know they had a tag sticking out. It's rather invasive to put your hands on someone without permission.

greenfire

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 9:50 am
I usually tell them about tag and get a feel if they want me to tuck in for them or not ... as for xyz you'd best to let em do it for themselves

yersp

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 11:33 am
when I was in seventh grade we had a teacher who I guess must've had a very busy morning because she came to school with one earring and her slip sticking out. At recess we couldn't decide what to do. We had to tell her somehow but we didnt want to embarrass her, so we wrote her a letter:
Dearest Teacher -------

We are sorry to inform you that you are slipping and you're wearing one earring.
We apologize for any inconvience this may cause

Sincerely,
Your Students

She read the note, walked out and came back without her earring and her slip fixed.

greenfire

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 11:38 am
E59Y wrote:
when I was in seventh grade we had a teacher who I guess must've had a very busy morning because she came to school with one earring and her slip sticking out. At recess we couldn't decide what to do. We had to tell her somehow but we didnt want to embarrass her, so we wrote her a letter:
Dearest Teacher -------

We are sorry to inform you that you are slipping and you're wearing one earring.
We apologize for any inconvience this may cause

Sincerely,
Your Students

She read the note, walked out and came back without her earring and her slip fixed.

that was very considerate of you girlies ... most kids your age wouldn't care ... and I like that official note

yersp

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 11:52 am
thanks!!!

downsyndrome

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 1:48 pm
When I was in high school, we had a teacher, who had already been labelled as 'weird' long b/4 this incident, show up in school wearing two different shoes on her feet! Boy, did we laugh!! And we were certainly not decent enough to let her know kindly; I think some loudmouths let her have it....

BennysMommy

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 1:53 pm
I always say something bc if it were me I would want someone to tell me. I hate when I get home after being somewhere with ppl I know and I look in the mirror and something is out of place. I once told my professor during a break in class that her shirt was inside out.

chen

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 2:27 pm
BennysMommy wrote:
I once told my professor during a break in class that her shirt was inside out.

Well, there you have it--the classical "Absentminded Professor" really does exist.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics