Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Looking for a open MO community

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 7:44 am
We are looking for an open MO community within commuting distance of my husband's job in Rockville centre long island. We are looking for a place where my bearded bekeshe wearing husband will feel welcomed (he is okay being the only bearded bekeshe wearing one but does not want to be not talked to because of it) but also a place where women are included . Where women dance on simchas Torah, where there is a vibrant youth program, where the shul is more a community shul and not just a place to Davin.

Affordable housing is a huge plus as well.

WastingTime

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 7:46 am
What about Oceanside?
Or maybe West Hempstead?

doctorima

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 8:09 am
West Hempstead is the first place that came to mind, don't know about Oceanside. Would you consider Cedarhurst or any of the 5 Towns?

nyer1

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 8:28 am
I think you would really like oceanside or west hempstead

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 9:25 am
nyer1 wrote:
I think you would really like oceanside or west hempstead

Oceanside really? I thought they were pretty yeshivish?

We are looking for somewhere where women dance on simchat Torah and Purim. where women really participate, where there are kids groups, a playground for kids and a true community feel.

What shul in WH would you suggest?

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 11:39 am
Long Beach. It's an anything goes kind of place. Small, OOT feel and less expensive than the five towns.

HopeMother

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 1:00 pm
Oceanside is definitely NOT yeshivish! Women dance on Simchat Torah, women go to shul on shabbat, women guest speakers have been known to speak to the congregation from the Bima after Musaf on Shabbat as well.
Edit: look at the Young Israel for the Shul with Shabbat groups and kid programs.

WastingTime

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 2:12 pm
Oceanside is MO for sure. There is older families with married kids and a few years back they had a bunch of younger families move in.

Long Beach is kind of "random" meaning anything/anyone goes.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 8:12 pm
Very far afield, but Springfield NJ would be perfect for you. It's modern, but with a chassidish flair.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating