Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Can this be done? Transforming a fall

MadameX

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 9:14 pm
Is it possible to transform a band fall into a full wig? Or a lace-front?
I am so desperate to fix this fall. I bought it three years ago and hardly ever wore it. I feel like the sheital macher I bought it from totally ripped me off. This fall is not wearable and looks funny no matter what I try to do.
If it is possible to fix, please recommend me someone. I am located in Brooklyn.

rachel6543

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 10:46 pm
I have no idea about it being turned into a full wig, but I would think you should be able to have it turned into a wig you could wear with hats. My Sheitel macher did that for me. Someone donated a wig to her that didn't work out. She easily turned it into a cute wig that I can wear with hats.

ruchelbuckle

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 11:20 pm
I am no expert in sheitels, but I once asked about this and was told, that yes, theoretically it's possible, but not such a good idea.

1) because of the way the hair is sewn in on a band fall, it won't necessarily look right when a front is added to it.

2) it's not cheap. Put the money towards a new inexpensive sheitel, like from Malki Wigs on ebay.

crush

Post Mon, Oct 26 2015, 12:23 am
I've never tried this, but wouldn't you be able to wear the iband to transform a fall into a full lace front wig? I'm pretty sure I saw milano mention that on their Instagram page.

MadameX

Post Mon, Oct 26 2015, 10:12 am
crush wrote:
I've never tried this, but wouldn't you be able to wear the iband to transform a fall into a full lace front wig? I'm pretty sure I saw milano mention that on their Instagram page.

I just looked it up on Youtube. Very cute idea, but it wouldn't work with my fall, since my fall doesn't even have a hairline! I really have an impossible piece to deal with.

Anyone else have any suggestions? even adding a hairline would significantly improve this fall. Any recommendations of someone I can call in Brooklyn who does wig repairs?

MadameX

Post Tue, Oct 27 2015, 7:48 pm
bump.
Please help Heart

ramateshkolmom

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 9:17 am
From what I know, you can do it but like someone else said, its not usually worth it. It can cost half the fall was itself, if not more. You dont like bands and hats? Thats what I do with my fall.... whats wrong with it?

MadameX

Post Thu, Oct 29 2015, 9:58 am
thanks for the input.

The fall is considered a band fall, but it looks terrible with headbands. It doesn't have a hairline. Instead, it just has a bunch of short (8th of an inch) hairs coming out. This makes it look really funny and unnatural when I try to wear a headband. Also, the front of the fall is sewn in really thick, so whenever I try to wear a hat or headband, I always have a huge bump going all the way across.

wazup

Post Thu, Oct 29 2015, 11:03 am
anyone know what to do with a hat fall? it came with the wig I bought from milano and its sitting in my closet because I look terrible with hats!!

Iymnok

Post Thu, Oct 29 2015, 1:04 pm
There may be a way to remove the front and replace it with long bangs. You could wear a headband over the seam.
It obviously depends on how it's made.

wazup

Post Thu, Oct 29 2015, 1:14 pm
the whole top part of the head has no hair- just a net...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels