Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Freezer left open...

eschaya

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 9:24 pm
And I now have about 10 lbs of raw meat that I need to cook before shabbos. Any good ideas?

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 9:36 pm
You are ahead of the game today. I came home to discover my chest freezer was on meltdown status. All was lost.

eschaya

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 9:41 pm
Oh, I'm so sorry for you. My heart dropped as soon as I saw my freezer door left open, but at least everything was only partially defrosted so it's still salvageable. I wasn't planning on baking 6 chickens, 10 lbs of ground meat, and 6 lbs of flanken tomorrow, but I'm trying to be grateful that at least we haven't lost it entirely.
Btw, if you happen to live in my area (maryland) I'd be glad to go e you some of my chicken or meat.
Freezers can be such a blessing.... until they go rogue.

boysrus

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 9:43 pm
is it ground beef? beef cubes? roasts?

If ground beef, the fastest way to cook is to make meatsauce, saute onions, add meat and brown, add a little liquid and simmer on low for 45 minutes. can be served with rice, spaghetti or with mashed potatoes for shepherds pie.

if beef cubes, I recommend goulash. Saute onions, garlic, add beef cubes and brown, add a little water and simmer on low with spices for a few hours (minimum 2 to soften meat)

If roast, I have no ideas. I rarely buy that, it s an expensive twice a year yomtov treat here...

good luck,
bad timing, when you are busy getting ready for shabbos...

MagentaYenta

Post Fri, Nov 13 2015, 12:22 pm
eschaya wrote:
Oh, I'm so sorry for you. My heart dropped as soon as I saw my freezer door left open, but at least everything was only partially defrosted so it's still salvageable. I wasn't planning on baking 6 chickens, 10 lbs of ground meat, and 6 lbs of flanken tomorrow, but I'm trying to be grateful that at least we haven't lost it entirely.
Btw, if you happen to live in my area (maryland) I'd be glad to go e you some of my chicken or meat.
Freezers can be such a blessing.... until they go rogue.

TT eschaya. I'm in the PNW. The electricians are compensating me, but it's hard to find 35lbs of blueberries picked fresh and all that salmon. I was very pleased with my behavior and didn't get angry at the fellow who left the plug out. I was concerned that they be mindful in the future to prevent it happening to someone else.

It sound like you have your work cut out for you and this close to shabbos is putting you in a crunch.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Nov 13 2015, 1:44 pm
Hugs to everyone! BTDT made the chicken soup ;-)

Chayalle

Post Fri, Nov 13 2015, 1:48 pm
You can make meat sauce and then freeze that. I make a big batch of meat sauce and divide it into containers, which I freeze for future suppers. Ditto for chicken soup.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics