Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Anyone have a recipe for cake with no gluten, eggs, sugar..

Gibi

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 11:01 am
or dairy?

(also no apples)
Trying to come up with something palatable for someone who is on a low FODMAPS diet.
Any ideas?

Thanks

chani8

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 11:15 am
LOL.

There is no sweetener except sugar and maple syrup for a low FODMAP diet.

Here are two ideas:

Pudding: In a pot, put in 8 tsp corn starch, 1/2 cup cocoa, 4 T sugar, mix it up. Then add 2 cups of coconut cream. Pinch of salt. Medium heat, constant stirring, until it thickens.

Pudding: Butternut squash or pumpkin, baked then blended, add cocoa to taste. I suppose you could add cornstarch to it and bake it, to see if it turns into a cake.

Gibi

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 11:54 am
Thanks! No coconut or sugar of any kind allowed on her diet, but I'll try the pumpkin & cocoa thing!

chani8

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 12:11 pm
Gibi wrote:
Thanks! No coconut or sugar of any kind allowed on her diet, but I'll try the pumpkin & cocoa thing!

Quantity is important on a low FODMAP diet. She shouldn't eat too much pumpkin.

bigsis144

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 12:40 pm
Gibi wrote:
or dairy?

(also no apples)
Trying to come up with something palatable for someone who is on a low FODMAPS diet.
Any ideas?

Thanks

I was looking for the "hug" button but there isn't one in the Recipes section.

I imagine this diet wouldn't allow for too much sugar from fruit, either. I love dried dates, so what about something like this (in small portions): http://sallysbakingaddiction.c.....ites/

underthestars

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 12:43 pm
I don't know what a FODMAP diet is, but I have a really yummy cake recipe that you can try, and instead of using eggs, there is an egg substitute found at the health food store you can use. For apples, you can substitute any kind of fruit you would like (I just happen to like apples)

3 c oatmeal
1 mashed banana (or a jar of banana baby food)
3/4 c oil
4 eggs (use substitute)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 c orange juice (or grape juice or whatever juice you want)

filling:
2 of your favorite fruit, cut up (I use apples, but you can try what you like-berries, dates, raisins, etc)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Mix cake ingredients together well. Prepare (apple) filling in a separate bowl. Place half of the oat mixture in a greased baking pan (I used a square one). Pour (apple) filling on next, and then top with remaining oat mixture. Bake at 350 for 1 hour (check after 45 minutes)

This cake is very yummy and my kids (grown up kids!!) enjoy it!!!

imasinger

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 2:35 pm
Here ya go.

Low FODMAP desserts:

Salad Pie

Make green salad. Put in pie tin. Served chilled.

Carrot cake

Peel carrots. Put in cake pan. Enjoy!

In more seriousness, one of my favorite desserts this time of year is cranberries.

Wash 16 oz fresh cranberries. Add 1/4 C orange juice and a small amount of sweetener (equivalent to 1/4-1/2 C sugar if you like it tart, like I do). Cook covered on low to medium heat, about 30 min, till cranberries pop. Yum!

Strawberries and rhubarb with an acceptable sweetener is another delicious choice.

Dolly Welsh

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 2:54 pm
Is agave syrup allowed? It is quite sweet and you don't need much.

Maybe Pesach recipes could be of use.

Maybe a tablespoon of oil could substitute for egg?

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 2:57 pm
shock I had no idea that such a thing was even possible. Well, I guess you learn something new every day.

Bruria

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 7:38 pm
You can use a regular recipe, but substitute ingredients for gluten-free flour mix, for the egg just use an egg replacement (like the vegan ones) and to make it sweet, maybe bananas or xylitol. It could work!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins