Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Monsey
Previous  1  2  3

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 3:50 pm
I actually don't have a choice, my son gets off a school bus at 3:00 at my babysitters house and then I pick him up at 5:30 every day...it's part of life.

BrachaBatya

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 4:33 pm
There are not loads of jobs within Monsey itself. You may be able to find something within Rockland County, but not necessarily Monsey which has limited commerce and businesses. You may also need to look in Bergen County, NJ, which neighbors Rockland and has lots more job opportunities.

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 12:03 am
YSV does turn away people who they would otherwise accept b/c they have no room. They cannot go above 30 and have no room for additional classes. Its a matter of class size and space. Don't fool yourself with schools, you can be the right person and get your application in at the right time and still not get in if they don't have room -- no matter how much pull you think you have.

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 11:12 am
are there preschools/daycare and grocery stores near the cheaper further out parts of chestnut ridge? How many shuls are in that area?

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 4:53 pm
amother wrote:
We're actually looking at a house in Hillcrest now. It's still mainly non-Jews so you can get a nice 4 bedroom colonial for 400K. Otherwise, I don't think you'll find what you're looking for at that price. Have a look at zillow.com so you get a picture of pricing before you decide on a neighborhood.
They're actually writing up a contract for us now. Yay!!! I hope everything goes well and the sale goes through.

joyful mom

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 5:56 pm
amother wrote:
They're actually writing up a contract for us now. Yay!!! I hope everything goes well and the sale goes through.

Good Luck!! May everything go smoothly!!

BTW, just wondering where Hillcrest is- is this after Union in Spring Valley?

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 6:17 pm
joyful mom wrote:
Good Luck!! May everything go smoothly!!

BTW, just wondering where Hillcrest is- is this after Union in Spring Valley?

Yes, it's between the frum area of SV and New Square.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 7:59 pm
Bas Mikrah and YSV are marvelous schools.

Chofetz Chaim is a dictatorship. I would think twice before sending my child there...

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 8:13 pm
amother wrote:
Bas Mikrah and YSV are marvelous schools.

Chofetz Chaim is a dictatorship. I would think twice before sending my child there...

Does Bas Mikrah have a high school?

In what way is Chofetz Chaim a dictatorship? To the parents or students or both?

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 10:40 pm
Also consider growing areas in New Hempstead. There's a neighborhood in New Hempstead called "up the hill" or something to that

what kind of crowd is buying in the "up the hill" area. are there any colonials or just split levels.

ohsleepy1

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 3:03 am
I live in New City. We have approximately 15 middle of the road yeshivish families and we've all moved in in the past year. More people are moving in soon. Brand new houses are $550k+ and existing houses are approximately $450k and many of them have 4+ bedrooms. You can PM me with any questions if you're interested.

iamamother

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 10:15 am
ohsleepy1 wrote:
I live in New City. We have approximately 15 middle of the road yeshivish families and we've all moved in in the past year. More people are moving in soon. Brand new houses are $550k+ and existing houses are approximately $450k and many of them have 4+ bedrooms. You can PM me with any questions if you're interested.

where do most ppl send their kids to school?

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 10:26 am
To answer Chocolate....no there are no groceries, preschools or stores in the outskirts of Chestnut Ridge, you have to drive into town to get to the main shopping centers....Newday just reopened on Saddle River road in the Chestnut Ridge area , it's a small koshe supermarket, but from the Scotlandhill area that's very far.
My husband has to carpool my son 25 minutes each way every day back and forth for Night Seder and on Sundays and holidays 4 times a day...it's not easy, but I love living there...it's as if we live "out of" Monsey and that's what I want, since Monsey has become a nightmare in terms of traffic and housing.

amother
Green

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 10:31 am
amother wrote:
Does Bas Mikrah have a high school?

In what way is Chofetz Chaim a dictatorship? To the parents or students or both?

I went to chofetz chaim and iyh my daughter is going next year. I don't feel it is/was a dictatorship at all.

amother
Green

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 10:33 am
iamamother wrote:
where do most ppl send their kids to school?

I also live in new city. We have families who send to the following schools
YSV
Bais mikroh
Bas mikroh
Chofetz chaim
Darchai Noam

And one family who has a daughter in bais rochel and son in bais dovid.

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 11:19 am
Is New City the same as the "up the hill" area of New Heapstead? If not, where is?
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating