Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Kesser bais yakov or bais rochel?
Previous  1  2

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 9:36 am
amother wrote:
Tiferes chaya is more trendy, with it, trimmed beard chasidish. Also a fantastic school but different parent body. Heard wonderful things about the staff

Is this the case?
I was under the impression that Tiferes Chaya is MORE chassidish than Kesser BY.
Can anyone clarify?
Thank you,

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 12:42 pm
amother wrote:
Is this the case?
I was under the impression that Tiferes Chaya is MORE chassidish than Kesser BY.
Can anyone clarify?
Thank you,

Depends on how you define chassidish. TC has more streimels. But also more with it, "cool", "open minded". KBY is more "frum" but fewer streimels

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 12:43 pm
amother wrote:
Depends on how you define chassidish. TC has more streimels. But also more with it, "cool", "open minded". KBY is more "frum" but fewer streimels

I thought it was the exact opposite.
Thanks so much for the response.

Emaplus4

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 2:09 pm
Hi I just saw this post about Kesser. Iy"H my family and I are moving to lakewood and looking for a school for my daughter and was told about Kesser. But dont know if it's for us.we are not chassidish at all but yeshivish. We are very makpid in tznot with our daughtet already from the age of 3 and looking for a school that we can fit in..

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 2:38 pm
It can potentially be an option. But it's more of a heimish crowd. There are yeshivish schools that are frum also. Why would you choose kesser?

Chayalle

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 3:44 pm
Emaplus4 wrote:
Hi I just saw this post about Kesser. Iy"H my family and I are moving to lakewood and looking for a school for my daughter and was told about Kesser. But dont know if it's for us.we are not chassidish at all but yeshivish. We are very makpid in tznot with our daughtet already from the age of 3 and looking for a school that we can fit in..

Bnos Melech is more yeshivish/litvish and people who send there are makpid on tznius from age 3 - like tights, long sleeves, etc...

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Dec 22 2015, 11:16 pm
Who would,likely give my dd the best education? between kesser, bais rochel, and tifers and whos most to least well run

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Dec 23 2015, 11:08 pm
Bais Rochel puts a LOT of pressure on the girls academically. It is also the oldest of the three and runs the smoothest.

Kesser is new so I don't know about their academics.

Tiferes is more laid back academically. It is also somewhat parent-run which is the reason some people send there. They don't like to be told what to do. Their Yiddish principal (if she's still there) is 33 years old so I'm not sure if you'd want someone with more life experience or not.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics