Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Bullies

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Dec 15 2015, 5:30 pm
I have a great job which I love and it is very convenient for me as far as hours, location etc. and bh we are not reliant on my income but of course it is nice to have a little extra (especially since my husbands income is not steady). I only have one problem- there is one coworker of mine who I do not get along with and I often feel bullied by him. I tried to mind my own business and not have anything to do with him but it all escalated when he accused me of making a mistake (which I did not) and went and complained to out supervisor without confronting me first so we could sort it out like mature adults. It has gotten to the point now where I am so nervous to do anything at work in case he will blow up at me and I have started seriously contemplating quitting. I feel like I cannot do my job properly with the way I am feeling now.
Anyone ever been in a situation like this? How do I handle it? I feel like if I quit I am letting him "win" but if I don't I am just punishing myself. Any advice appreciated!

Bruria

Post Tue, Dec 15 2015, 6:51 pm
Maybe you can talk to your supervisor about it? It wouldn't be fair for you to have to quit a job because of a bully, especially since you love the job. Hopefully, talking to your supervisor might help, before things escalate. Your bully will have to behave to keep his job that way.

perquacky

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 1:51 pm
Take it to HR before you go to your supervisor. They should be trained to deal with situations like this.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 2:11 pm
my husband was yelled at by a coworker last week really badly , also he was not at fault ...both the CEO and HR came to my husband (they heard from other people about the altercation) and he was advised to file an official complaint. Because if it gets worse , you can quit and still receive your unemployment and severance etc. and there will be records to go back on. They may also use it against the other individual if they fire him.

In your case, if you dont need to be there for the money, I wouldnt subject myself to this kind of behavior...it can cause you a lot of stress and affect your physical and emotional self.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics