Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Microsoft word

coconutbutter

Post Wed, Jan 06 2016, 6:11 am
I need to get Microsoft Word for work but it is so expensive. Anyone know of any legit downloads for free or discounted?

DrMom

Post Wed, Jan 06 2016, 6:15 am
I don't understand -- your employer expects you to buy your own software?
Or are you self-employed?

Amarante

Post Wed, Jan 06 2016, 6:38 am
There is free software that you can use to create spreadsheets and for word processing. It is open source and is perfectly legal.

It is compatible with word and excel if you convert documents when you save them or open them.

I used Libre for a time when my old Office program was no longer compatible with my new OS. there are others.

I am not going to claim a high ground of morality because I used my friend's Office program because he had a user left and then upgrades were relatively inexpensive for me.

However I wouldn't install software free from the internet because that is the best way to get malware which you might not even know is on your computer because when you install it gains access to your system.

So my advice is to use Open Source or spring for the $99 for the consumer version of Office. Office has become much cheaper. Years ago it was about $400. There is also an option to rent it but that didn't make sense to me.

It's just not worth downloading software and corrupting your system when there is a free safe alternative.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics